Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, I'd have to say my least favorite chore is filing all the paperwork!

I guess you could say that I HATE FILING!!! :smilie_tischkante:. What ever happened to that thought that when we got computers, we wouldn't need paper any more????

So much mail - with multiple checking accounts (at different banks) - Stan's medicare and Blue cross stuff :w00t::w00t:. I pay my mom's bills, do paperwork for Stan's car dealership business (that's not much but I still have to do it). Then at work, there's a file for each and every renter!!! I have so much filing to do right now that I'm drowning:blink::unsure:. I know...if you do it right away it's not so bad - but then I get behind, and then it's overwhelming. :new_shocked: ....guess what I'm not going to do again today..:whistle:

So what's that one thing you really dislike at home?

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Yes, Pat.. paperwork is a thorn in my side for sure!

I really like to do the 'deep' /'pull everything apart' type cleaning but hate the tedious and boring tasks of daily/repeated dusting, vacuuming etc.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
:angry::w00t::angry::w00t: DOUBLE DOSE AGREE... mail, and then JUNK mail---you have to OPEN it to shred it... so it can seem like a whole morning could be spent on sorting and shredding. :blink: :blink: :blink: And then there is the job to organize the recycle bin so the advertisement flyers are put on the bottom before putting plastic, cans etc on top. If I am gone for a week it just PILES UP and so the day after I get home I am taking newspapers apart to "organize" their recycle "place". I would clean toilets twice a day if this paperwork would go away!!!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
ughhh it would have to be laundry , not so much doing it , but the folding and putting away ughh , and when u have four kids laundry almost everyday is a must .

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
I hate unloading the dishwasher. I will do anything to get out of it. I don't mind doing all the dishes, but will barter with DH when it comes to the unloading!

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Hmmm, the household chores I hate is dusting - it's NEVER finished, and cleaning the toilets - everyone uses them, but I'm the only one that cleans them - not fair! I like clean windows, but I really suck at cleaning them. :( They usually looked better before I started then when I finished -streaks galore! :smpullhair:

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I can't stand cleaning the bathroom. It grosses me out even when I tidy it up every 2-3 days. I do not like having to lean so close to the toilet when cleaning around the sides of it (eww) where all the dust collects, and I hate cleaning the bathtub also!

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
I hate all of it! Between running my business and working for it and hubby's job (which is about 60 hours a week) we are simply too tired to spend too much time cleaning. We have tried to hire a cleaner but we live too far from the city. So, I have to clean. I love the deep bi-monthly clean my house gets but HATE the weekly dusting, changing sheets, making beds, sweeping (no carpets), moping, trash, etc. Then there's yard work!!! It just never ends - it really make me miss my apartment/condos I lived in before getting married!

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
I'm with Erin - all of it. :Bad day: Love to cook and bake; hate to clean. Like Pat we always seem to be drowning in a sea of paper...mail, junk, newspapers, mags, and of course my work which is tons of paper with all the scripts and logging sheets.:behindsofa: And I live with two men and a dog so that's extra yucky. :yucky: My DH is good about helping especially in the kitchen but I think we're kind of minor league pack rats and don't have the time to sort stuff and give it the heave ho.:brownbag: I'm doing that right now this week to prep for the party.:eek2_gelb2: Luckily I do have a cleaning woman who comes each week and does the laundry. It's down in the basement of our building so a PITA to get down, get a machine and then several trips up and down. With both of us working, DH insisted on having someone to clean so we could have a little time together. But to REALLY clean, deep down clean, it's ME and him. :w00t:

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
I'm the odd one out (surprise) I love to clean - I am a clean freak.

Everything has to be organized and in it's place. I detest any kind of clutter. I read a book or magazines, and recycle it through friends.

My DH is an attorney, he saves EVERYTHING - WSJ (3 months worth at a time) every law journal, bar news, DRIVES me crazy.

When DH is away on business - I haul a lot of crap to the recycling center ;)

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
I'm the odd one out (surprise) I love to clean - I am a clean freak.

Everything has to be organized and in it's place. I detest any kind of clutter. I read a book or magazines, and recycle it through friends.

My DH is an attorney, he saves EVERYTHING - WSJ (3 months worth at a time) every law journal, bar news, DRIVES me crazy.

When DH is away on business - I haul a lot of crap to the recycling center ;)
:p :HistericalSmiley:​

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I enjoy cleaning and yard work, and I adore cooking and baking. Don't get me started on laundry - I love doing laundry. Since I work full-time, I enjoy having a full day when I can stay home and clean and cook.
When I had carpets, I didn't like vacuuming because the vacuum was so big and awkward and noisy, but now I don't have a shred of carpet. Hardwood is so easy to care for!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I hate unloading the dishwasher. I will do anything to get out of it. I don't mind doing all the dishes, but will barter with DH when it comes to the unloading!
I thought I was the only one! I have no idea why I hate unloading the dishwasher so much. It's such an easy job.

Not really a fan of housework in general. I love clean, so I do it, but there is no fun factor.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You guys are making me feel so normal...(ahem...except for Allie) :blush:.

I have to clean in the morning...and I have to be in the mood. And Stan has to be gone - or down in his "man cave" room.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Oh Pat,

I was away from home 180+ days a year - (for many years) - thus, it’s nice to be at home, and to be able to have things done, the way I like them to be done - if that makes any sense at all.

Staying in Hotels (even the nicest ones) gets to be OLD and creepy after a while.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Ironing

The iron is like a DRAGON for me :w00t::w00t::w00t: cannot stand to iron!

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
The thing i hate most is vacuuming and a close second is to put laundry away (that's what my husband is for). Lol. I would rather clean toilets all day and scrub the floors on my hands and knees then to have to vacuum or put clothes away.:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts