Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering...I am wanting to try a different food...we are about to run out of the puppy food we are on. When can I go ahead and put him on some adult food? Many of the puppy formulas say something about the first six months of life-or something like that...He is almost 8 months..will be probably by the time we are out of the one we have...is this too early to start making the switch? Do you have to wait until 1 year?

Next question...in another thread we discussed the Royal Canin brand and their "Yorkie" food...is there any reason our malts can't eat that...? Or is that a dumb question?

· Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK-to answer part of my own question...the Yorkie Royal Canin says for over 10 months...does that 2 months make a huge difference if your malt is already almost 8 pounds and healthy?

· Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, if the puppy food has higher calories..and he is getting tubby...then the adult food shouldn't hurt him...right?
I know my cats ate adult food before they were ready b/c it was impossible to keep it all separate....they are fat and sassy and perfectly healthy.
I am leaning toward the Royal Canin yorkie formula...or Canidae...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.