Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sydney is doing well at house training and is 4 months. She barks to let us know when she wants outside. The only time I've seen her potty in the house in the last 3 weeks is when it's raining and she doesn't want to get her paws wet or when a stranger or someone she hasn't seen in a long time enters the house. She goes WILD, runs around in circles, tail wagging, licking the guest feet and then she pees on the floor. I know this is involuntarily tinkling so I don't make a big deal about it. I guess she's just so excited she literally pees.

When my son and husband comes home from school/work daily, she greets them in the same manner, sans the tinkling.

Right now my solution is to only let her greet new people on the tile
. The only solution to the not wanting the paws wet is to take her out against her wishes as hubby does not want her doing her business inside the house. I'm wondering if this will stop with age? Anyone else have this experience?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. I really appreciate all of your experiences.

Judi, I'll try the emptying of the bladder that is something I can do right now to try and improve this. If there's nothing in, nothing can come out

I'll also have to find a tackful way of asking guests to ignore my precious little girl........they'll probably look at me as if I am nuts
...oh well, we'll see how it goes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.