Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see alot of dog owners carrying their babies in dog purses & I love that! My previous baby was only 5 lbs., but my current little guy is twice that.
Would he be too big to carry around in that dog purse? Just wanted to know your opinions & experience. Thanks a bunch!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
How strong are you? :D

Seriously, my Lady is 9 pounds and it's doable. I'm sure a 5 pounder would be much more comfortable to carry around, though.

More than the weight, the size of the carriers for the larger dogs is more difficult for me. It's more like carrying a small suitcase into a store so forget trying to conceal them. It is also harder not to bump into things or other shoppers with a size medium carrier on your shoulder.

Also, be careful not to get a carrier that is heavy even when it's empty. Some of those lovely Celleti (however you spell that!) weigh 3 or 4 pounds by themselves. They have new light carriers, but they still weigh around 2 pounds, I think.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I carry Miko around in a bag and he weights anywhere between 6.5-7 lbs. I think the weight of the bag makes a difference and my bag probably weighs 3 lbs alone. I also have to admit that I make my husband carry Miko more than half the time
-- I just love my husband!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I carry Miko around in a bag and he weights anywhere between 6.5-7 lbs. I think the weight of the bag makes a difference and my bag probably weighs 3 lbs alone. I also have to admit that I make my husband carry Miko more than half the time  -- I just love my husband!![/B]
okw, does Miko fit okay in your Juicy bowler bag? I'm bidding for a Juicy bag on Ebay but it's the larger one because I'm predicting Chilly will be a big one - 12 months and already 4lbs!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by Chilly dog@Sep 13 2005, 09:54 PM
I carry Miko around in a bag and he weights anywhere between 6.5-7 lbs. I think the weight of the bag makes a difference and my bag probably weighs 3 lbs alone. I also have to admit that I make my husband carry Miko more than half the time  -- I just love my husband!!
okw, does Miko fit okay in your Juicy bowler bag? I'm bidding for a Juicy bag on Ebay but it's the larger one because I'm predicting Chilly will be a big one - 12 months and already 4lbs!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99428
[/B][/QUOTE]

Watch out for those Juicy and other designer bags on Ebay. Apparently they are all fakes and not very good ones at that. Several of our SM members have tried them and found that they had loose stitching, glue all over them and were generally pretty poor quality. The sellers use pictures of the real juicy bags in their listings.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by ahappystamper@Sep 13 2005, 02:54 PM
I see alot of dog owners carrying their babies in dog purses & I love that! My previous baby was only 5 lbs., but my current little guy is twice that. 
Would he be too big to carry around in that dog purse? Just wanted to know your opinions & experience. Thanks a bunch!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99281
[/QUOTE]

Maxi is 9.5lbs when he was little i carried him all around in a purse
i recently bought one for up to 20lbs, i put maxi in there once
he doesnt like to be contained so i really dont use one
however i have the backpack which you wear in the front and he likes that because its open and he can see everything so when we go to the park and he gets tired i put him in there and we walk around and he is fine

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Please take Lady's Mom's advice...most of the Juicy bags you see on e-bay are fakes. I was recently at Nordstrom's and they had several of the Juicy dog bags on sale. They were still around $200...but guaranteed real. I have the smaller Juicy bowler and my dog weighs in at 4.75 lbs. I believe that OKW has the larger (no longer produced) style for her pup. Personally, I think if you want a Juicy bag take your dog with you to Nordies or Neimans (yes they both allow dogs, but you can call ahead to make sure) and see if he fits into it. I don't know where you are located, but another suggestion, we have several high end doggie boutiques here that carry a variety of styles and brands of carriers. Why not take your dog to "test drive" a bag? That way you will know about what size works best.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by Chilly dog@Sep 13 2005, 07:54 PM
I carry Miko around in a bag and he weights anywhere between 6.5-7 lbs. I think the weight of the bag makes a difference and my bag probably weighs 3 lbs alone. I also have to admit that I make my husband carry Miko more than half the time  -- I just love my husband!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99428
[/B][/QUOTE]

Chilly dog,

4 lbs at 12 months doesn't seem at all big to me!! As saltymalty said, I have the large juicy -- its not bowler style and its no longer being produced. Miko fits in with lots of space to spare but since we are often out for long time (on weekends), I like that its large. I think saltymalty gave you great advice, check out the smaller juicy bags being sold at Neiman Marcus or even other carriers. Its important to see if you and your pup like the bag.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just noticed that she said 12 months...I assumed that it was 12 weeks![/B]
Opps, my mistake! what I meant to write was 2 months!! LOL, yeah, 12 months and 4lbs wouldn't be big at all!

As far as the Juicy carrier goes, it says that it's new with tags so I'm hoping it's not a fake because I've already bid! And because I live in Canada I can't find ANY places where I can find a nice dog carrier so I kinda have to deal with the online purchasing thing...

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by Chilly dog@Sep 14 2005, 10:05 PM
I just noticed that she said 12 months...I assumed that it was 12 weeks!
Opps, my mistake! what I meant to write was 2 months!! LOL, yeah, 12 months and 4lbs wouldn't be big at all!

As far as the Juicy carrier goes, it says that it's new with tags so I'm hoping it's not a fake because I've already bid! And because I live in Canada I can't find ANY places where I can find a nice dog carrier so I kinda have to deal with the online purchasing thing...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99759
[/B][/QUOTE]
They all have tags, I had a horrible experience with the juicy bags on ebay. If you give me the link I might be able to tell if it is fake or not.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
You took pictures of the bag you got, didn't you? Maybe you could post them?

Didn't Charmypoo get an awful fake desinger bag from Ebay that she posted pictures of? Maybe she can post them, too.

As I recall from other SM members who have had a problem, advertising fakes as real is not allowed on Ebay so you may be able to retract your bid without penalties.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Both Nordies and Neimans offer these bags on-line. You could always call to see if they ship to Canada. Even though you bid, you might want to retract your bid. I'd be happy to check it out as well. Unfortunately though, there are e-bay sellers who use pictures (usually taken from either Neimans or Nordies web site) of real bags but ship the fakes. There is no way to tell in these cases. I would very carefully check the feedback as well. I can tell you that the bags that are sold on e-bay are being purchased in China for substantially less that what they go for on e-bay. I think the retail price for the fakes is around $50 and the wholesale price is much less than that. So you can see why there are so many fakes out there...it's very profitable for these sellers.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Post the link and we can give our thoughts. If it is fake you can absolutely retract your bid and report the seller.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks so much for offering to look at it! I checked the feedback before I bid and it's all pretty good. But who knows! It's my first time trying to buy ANYTHING on Ebay so I could use all the help I can get.

JUICY BAG ON EBAY

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by Chilly dog@Sep 15 2005, 04:15 PM
Thanks so much for offering to look at it!  I checked the feedback before I bid and it's all pretty good.  But who knows!  It's my first time trying to buy ANYTHING on Ebay so I could use all the help I can get.

JUICY BAG ON EBAY

Thanks!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99988
[/QUOTE]
Sorry to say, but that might be fake, I'm not sure though. Saltymalty taught me about this, the tag is attatched with plastic, not a black thread like the real ones. Also, on the inside, the pockets look flimsy. I might not be right though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.