Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
She is just so perfect. You must be a proud mommy. You didn't toss her any crusties though?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I can't see the pics at work!

V

·
0 Posts
I think many Maltese are comforted by cuddling up in the sweet smells of humans. My Freddy can get pretty hyper, especially when we have company and he is being ignored. He will bark and carry on and if you pick him up he wants down and then he wants back up...sounds like a toddler right? We discovered that if you pick him up at those times and wrap him in some clothes from the laundry basket or a used towel he will just stay covered in your arms and settle down. We call it Freddy's "wombing therapy"

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by vita@Nov 23 2004, 11:11 AM
I think many Maltese are comforted by cuddling up in the sweet smells of humans. My Freddy can get pretty hyper, especially when we have company and he is being ignored. He will bark and carry on and if you pick him up he wants down and then he wants back up...sounds like a toddler right? We discovered that if you pick him up at those times and wrap him in some clothes from the laundry basket or a used towel he will just stay covered in your arms and settle down. We call it Freddy's "wombing therapy"
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18114
[/QUOTE]

Hmm..may have to try that...Brinkley barks at company...badly
I thought he wanted them to pet him...b/c often they try and ignore him...but when they try to pet him, he runs away...alot of times I have to tell them to actually hold him for a minute..and then he seems to be ok with them...
weirdo!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by vita@Nov 23 2004, 11:11 AM
[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'll have to try that...Kallie does the same thing..... up down.... up down... totally squealing and hyper...... I will try your "wombing therapy".

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by vita@Nov 23 2004, 10:11 AM
[/QUOTE]

That is so interesting I will definantely try that with Caesar!...Thanks :D

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Pico does that "legs flying" thing, too. He's so excited when I pick him up from the groomer that I have to put him down and then he just wants to be picked up again and then the feet start flying and the nails start scratching

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Nov 23 2004, 06:06 PM
When I leave, I usually gate both dogs in the kitchen and Toby starts doing this crying thing--it is SOOOOO loud.  I mean you wouldn't think a dog that small could make a noise that loud.  Anyway, so he cries and clings to the gate like someone is beating him.  One day, I looked in the kitchen window right after we walked out the door and that little booger stopped crying and went and sat on the rug.  It was like he does it all for show and to make me feel worse.  Geez they are smart!

Now when I come home, Toby get so excited that he nips at my pant legs until I pick him up.  He just keeps doing it until I notice him.  I usually pick him up right away because he is so excited and jumping around that I am scared I am going to step on him. 

Okay, back to the loud noise, I have a funny story about that.  Last week, hubby and I were walking the dogs.  Well, the neighbors up the street have 2 yellow labs.  Well, Toby gets so excited when we walk by their house, he starts making that crying noise about two houses before (we used to think he was scared, but he likes to run up to the fence and his tail is wagging, so I guess not
).  Unfortunately, we hadn't seen the dogs in a very long time, they were never out when we were on our walks.  But this particular time they both happened to be out and running around.  Well, the two labs started barking and running up and down the fence and Toby goes ape sh*t and is running up to the fence making that high pitched crying noise--this time it was louder than I have EVER heard.  So I was kinda walking and pulling on him to get going 'cause he was being so loud that I was getting embarrassed.  Well, the next thing I know, the lady comes running out of the house and she saw what was going on and she shouts to me, "Oh my god, I thought they were killing something out here!"  I felt so bad, she looked so scared.  But she was right, that noise was of an animal that was being killed, but it was really just Toby having a good time.  :lol:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18241
[/QUOTE]

Brinkley does that noise when I come home in the afternoons.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Nicole! That story's so funny!

·
Registered
755 Posts
When I have to leave Princess alone, she watches cartoon channel. But she still barks and barks and barks even after I'm gone.....
I wish there's something I can do about her barking. My mother thinks she's just being a big baby.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts