Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have been thinking about this for a while and I have to hear what others have to say....In case anything ever happens to me. (what would happen to my girls, Daezie and Maya. ) I told my husband that if anything happens to me that I want Daezie and Maya to be put asleep with me.
Daezie and Maya love my husband very much and he loves them too, but I know he will not be able to give them the same care I do. who knows if his next wife will even accept them.My mother she runs a daycare and I don't think she will have the time. My sister I know she would be a good candidate but her husband is allergic and not too thrill about dogs. So what other optios do I have???? Iam being too selfish? All I know is that noone would take care and love them the way I do. and just to think that they can suffer at a shelter or be abandon somewhere, it just brakes my heart.
by the way I have no children yet..

Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i could never do that, they may be sad if I was gone but I could never take "their" life from them, i know my wife would take care of them if anything ever happened to me and visa versa

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have to agree with joe, my children are grown now and these little babies are now my little children. It is NOT my place to decide when it is time for them to go, simply because I have past. (BTW, if your brother in law is allergic to dogs, yours should not effect him. The majority of people allergic to dogs are not allergic to the Maltese breed.) If you really love your little babies, you would not even let the thought of having them put down enter your mind simply because you will no longer be around. I dunno, just my feeling on that. I am sure your husband would do just fine with them, we all think no one could care for them as we do, but he would learn, he would have no choice

·
Registered
939 Posts
Well, "IloveD&M",

You have asked for our comments / opinions, I don't know if you will care for them much, as I agree with joe and kitoo1.

In addition to Tiki I have two human children, I feel as you do that no one could care for any of them in the same way I do, but I do know they will have a long and wonderful life after I am gone. Yes, they (all three of them) would be sad, but we all are when we loose someone we love. I think our little furry children are the same as our human children, I couldn't think of taking their lifes.

I think you need to talk to your family about this... If the aren't willing to take care of and love d&m find someone who will, a friend, your groomer, your vet.... someone who is willing to take them or find them a loving home. There are many people out here who would love to give your babys and new home with much love and care! When you find someone let your wishes be known and put it in your will.

Good luck with your decision, it is a difficult one,
Judi

·
Registered
88 Posts
O please don't kill your dogs because you die. That is selfish. Find them good homes. Ask people now before you die. I could never put down an animal for that reason. You choose to bring them into your life and now that is a responsibility you have to bare. Good luck and I hope you and your babies live a long, long, time.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your comments. Believe me I dont have the hart to do such a thing. This little girls are the love of my life. and I would want someone to to be happy with them just as they have make me. anyways...Please don't think Iam a bad person
. that was just something I tough about but never had any intentions of actually doing. I will find someone to protect my babydolls in case anything ever like that happens.

THanks.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
You can will Daezie & Maya to me! Pico needs playmates and I would just love to have 3 of these darlings underfoot all day.......

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, Pico's parent....

My husband an I are thinking of getting a 3 malt which I think we will it from a rescue , but I told him until we get a bigger place...

·
Registered
994 Posts
i already know who will take care of my baby , he will go to my parents
and god forbid they arent here
there is a list of people who want him , i know my brother and his family would take him and my sister and her family would
but my best friend sue said she would take him and i would take her baby is anything happens because her boyfriend is extremly jealous of her dog can you imagine

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I would reccomend strongly that you do the legwork now, and have a plan put in place, research what your options are, figure out what you would like best, then make a living will and designate some God parents for your babies. I'm sure you would feel safer and better about everything.

Cindy, Casey, Chanel, Gucci

1 - 10 of 10 Posts