Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

When should they be able to "hold" it all night?

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Chelsey 
Originally posted by Abbey@Aug 18 2005, 08:33 AM
I know some of you don't crate your pups at night but maybe you have a suggestion or two. 
  Abbey is 8 months old and I have been putting a pee pad in her crate at night time.  She is trained to potty outside during the day.  When do you think I should remove the pee pad at nighttime?  She poos and pees during the night every night still.  I take her outside before bed at 9:00 pm and she is taken outside again at 7:00am.  (most of the time I have to wake her up then).  She's 4 lbs now.  Can she hold it all night?  or should I just keep a pee pad in there?  Thanks!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=91698
[/QUOTE]

I did that with chesley,I think I created a poo monster. She is still one year old now, and still does poo in her creat if she has too. But I guess it depends on how big your crate is for her. Is it big enough to hold pee, pad water and food and still have a spot for her to sleep? My vet told me to take it out of her crate because you teaching her it is ok to go in her crate. I think by the time I took the pee pad out it was too late. I already taught ther it was ok.

Schedule a time to wake up at night for now and let her out or put the pee pad in front of her crate with the crate door open so she can use it anytime. chelsey can hold it all night most nights... but even now we still get up aroung 5 am and let them out and again at 9;00pm before we go to work... We have later work scheduled then most.

Edited;

Sorry I was writing this while you were responding.
yep I would remove the wee, wee, pad for now and she how she does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.