Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I do not mean to be negative but be very selective when choosing your groomer.

As for age........

I would say...it depends on the pup. And it depends on the groomer. Some places are immaculate and some are filthy. Some groomers listen and some are selectively deaf (I am being kind) Also make sure your pup has the appropriate shots before its in a cage/crate where a potentially ill dog could have been.

Do not assume that all groomers are alike. We hear too many reports here of groomers that don't listen or cut too much or too little or otherwise dissatisfy the customer. I have heard of rough handling and even a near hanging/seizure. Get a good referral or go and stay during the procedure.

Please get references. I would want to observe them. And consider a visiting/mobile groomer or learning to "do it yourself".

My girls might not have the best haircuts but I know they aren't harmed.

Since you want to keep your pup in a short puppy clip,it would be a good investment to invest in some good grooming tools- reg clipper/ small clipper/ combs/ pin brush/nail clipper and multipurpose grooming spray ( OMG by Plush Puppy is great) I even eventually got a grooming table.

If you do go to a groomer bring photos of exactly the cut you want and have a good discussion where you validate that they completely understand your wishes.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.