Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got back from a trip to Alabama for my parents' 60th anniversary. Rose and Lily ride together in one of those Snoozer booster seats in the back. This was a 7 and 1/2 hour trip one way. The trip down went smoothly. When we took potty breaks, I put the girls in their bag(for two) and took them with me to the restroom, put a potty pad down, and popped them out. They did great.:innocent: On the way back, Lily became rather fickle. We stopped at a rest stop in Georgia, and went in. I took them into the large stall. Rose was right on cue. Lily "said", "I don't have to go Mama." I knew she had to, though. I tried for 5 minutes to get her to go and she would just sit down and look at me. Can you say stubborn? She made it clear that she did not like that place. I told her she better go because we weren't stopping until we got to South Carolina and that she might as well go in her car seat. Well, she didn't go. About 15 minutes back on the interstate, we heard some whimpering coming from the back seat. :smcry: I turned around and Lily was standing up with a pained look on her face. "I have to go now, Mama." I told her she needed to hold it or go in her seat. A few minutes later, I heard pitiful whining. "Mama, I gotta go now!":smpullhair: She did not want to go in her seat and we were in awful traffic and could not stop. So, I got out a potty pad, and put it down on the floor in front of me, and she went. She gave me a kiss afterwards, wagged her little tail, and my heart turned to mush. After that, she settled back down and went to sleep. My Lily, she's a mess:blush:; no pun intended.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Awe! What a sweetheart! Stubborn, but precious! :wub: Thanks for sharing that story. It gave me a much need smile this morning! :D

Ugh... off to ecology and organic chemistry II...

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
How cute, they can do no wrong. How can you get mad with those eyes looking at you?

And congrats to your parents on their anniversary.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Aww what a good girl your Lilly is. :wub:
Zoey will potty on command. I can just take her out and say go potty and she does. Tess and Emy hold out just like Lilly even when I know they probably have to go. :blink: It seems like with Tess everything has to be just right and it's hard to find the perfect place when your traveling. It takes us much longer to get where we're going because we have to stop more often so everyone has gone. :smheat: Zoey will go or at least try to go every single time. :aktion033:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Awww that was a cute story! Hope you all had a great trip...that's so great that your girls did so well on such a long drive! I love that Lily was being so vocal about letting you know when she needed to go because she didn't want to go in her carseat!

Lily reminds me of my Bailey. He is also pretty stubborn about when/where he goes potty. I am trying to get him to the point of pottying on command...sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. Every morning as soon as I wake up, I take him out in our back yard...sometimes he's really good about doing his business pronto, but other times (like today!) he just wants to romp around the yard and play. I KNOW he has to go but he'd rather play. It's a little frustrating when he does that because I'm usually rushing to get ready for work! Maybe that's just his way of saying, Mommy can't you just skip work today and stay home with me?? hehe :) That little monkey :wub:

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
I loved your story, Lily reminds me alot of Matilda, B&B will go on command, but not Matilda, we travel a great deal and it's so frustrating knowing she will have to go a few miles down the road, like Lily, Matilda will wimper, pant and move around, we always have to find a turn off somewhere:w00t:, I wonder why they are like that?

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
That story is just too precious. What a good girl Lily is. When we travel by plane I try to get them to go on a potty pad in the rest room at the airport but all three are stubborn and will hold it till we get to the hotel room then all he--
breaks loose:smpullhair::smpullhair:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts