Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been giving my doggie a bath in the kitchen sink and was wondering if you all do the same. Also, do any of you suggest getting a special attachment to the faucet that will include a gentle spray as opposed to dunking them under the faucet? And, do your doggies love or hate their baths? heh heh

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
in our old house--they got baths in the sink. and our sink had a sprayer on the side. so that was easy. BUT...they hated it! lol.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I bath Lexi in my kitchen sink. My faucet has a sprayer. Lexi is okay with it unless I try to get her face (I cover her eyes and hold down her ears). I usually end up having to use a wash cloth to rinse her face. My kitchen sink is very shallow. I noticed this week that Lexi is almost too tall for it. :lol: Her belly is almost up to the top of the sink. If she gets any taller I am going to have to bath her in the bath tub I think. Not looking forward to that.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
We bathe Caesar in the kitchen sink. I have put him in the bathtub, with 2 of his little plastic balls that float...he likes to try and pick them up. I don't feel like I get the soap out as well in the bathtub because I don't run the water as deep. (It needs to be shallow enough he can pick up his plastic balls with out drowning
). In the sink he doesn't get any toys though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i bath mine in the bathtub my male loves to swim so i stand and watch him swim for a few minutes and lather him up,he loves it my female doesnt like the water at all sweetpeas mom

·
Registered
939 Posts
Most often I bath Tiki in the tub with about 4" of water and a cup for rinsing. I actually put on a pair of shorts and get into the tub with him to make it easier on me; this way I can kneel down and don't have to bend over the tub. I have used the shower; I have a shower head that has a sprayer attachment that can be removed, then I sit in the bottom of the shower and go from there. Tiki likes the shower least of all, he tolerates the tub and prefers the sink, but it is very messy. They only part of the bath Tiki hates is when I do his head/face. I try to be careful and cover his eyes and hold down his ears, but he hates it!

Judi

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I bathe Brinkley in the tub because our kitchen sink does not have a sprayer. The bathroom has a hand held shower thingy so it is pretty easy. He doesn't seem to mind baths that much, although if I let go of him for too long, he does try to get out. And trying to catch the slippery little wet rat is surely a sight to behold.

I like the idea of the toys that float, never thought of that...especially when you are "waiting" on the whitening shampoo or conditioner to sit for a few minutes. I also had to wait when I gave him the flea/tick shampoo bath. I think that was 10 minutes or something, it seemed like forever. We probably only made it half of whatever the time was...

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i REALLY REALLY want a groomers tub. i get a groomer supply catalogue in the mail. when i get it again i'll tell you the name of the catalogue. sucks they're so expensive though.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
We have a tub with built in seats in two corners. Picture this: a big square of porcelain with the tub part diagonal and two scooped out seats on opposite sides of the tub. So I can sit and bathe Pico without too much back ache. I have a rubber mat on the bottom for him and I wet him thoroughly while the tub is running and after he is shampooed up, I let the water out and rinse him under the faucet, which he really hates. Then the conditioner and another quick rinse, a shake and a wrap in a towel and a cuddle. Then a dry towel and off to be blow-dried.

I love the idea of some play toys floating around but Pico doesn't. He just wants to get the bath over with! I use the kitchen sink occasionally but it's too tempting for him to try to escape, and he does! Try, that is.

When he's finished getting blow-dried I set him down and he tears around the house for a minute and then heads for his kitchen bed to get his after-bath treat.

I am exhausted, of course! Imagine doing that with 4!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Tuffy gets a bath in the tub. Our sinks are all way way too small and shallow to get him into. It's a pain in the tub, but he's getting better at it. He'll actually stand up with his front paws on my leg to let me lather up his belly. My biggest problem with the tub is that he's always trying to escape :lol: I use a removable shower head to rinse him off and that works really well for getting all the soap out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts