Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
141 - 160 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Okay, I did forget to mention when this thread started awhile back,
that mine are Rescues, with the exception of Frankie.

It has been in question, as to where LBB came from.

Joplin has been arguing this for years. She said, "He's the dog from he**"

:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

I said, "Jops, knock it off, quit pickin' on your brother, he's a rescue,
just like you are". She said, "Oh ya, well rescue him out of the toilet we just shoved him, and shut the lid". :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I have gotten Maltese from the following breeders:

Breeder: Pauline Walsh
Kennel Name: Ceallaigh Maltese

Breeder: Ken Shay
Kennel Name: Leshay Maltese

Breeder: Sheila Riley
Kennel Name: MaltaAngel Maltese

Please feel free to PM me regarding my first-hand experience.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I got my first Maltese from a BYB before I knew better, and my second from a pet store, which I bought because she was in a pen with much bigger dogs crawling all over her --I could tell she was sick even though the owner said it was simply allergies. It was pneumonia, and we spent thousands and a lengthy hospital stay to get her better, but she was SO worth it! She was the sweetest, most lively and loving little girl-- she truly had the quintessential charming Maltese personality. She crossed the rainbow bridge last year after a bout with pancreatitis. Dolly's Rainbow Residency at RainbowsBridge.com

We still have our little Tiffany, who is ten, and definitely my hubby's dog! (picture to come)

Here is Dolly:

I'm adopting a little girl that I will pick up early December from Dar Lynn's Maltese in Florida.
(Note this is not my picture but I took it from the Dar Lynn's website)

(Anyone know why my pictures aren't posting?)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Luna Bella came to me from Gumwood in Texas....Vicky Welch. PM for particular info if you would like. Luna is a lovely little thing, however, I do wish I had been a member here during the 'finding process'

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,891 Posts
Kitzel is from:
Breeder: Szilvia Goff
Kennel Name: Marquess Maltese

I would be happy to share w/anyone thinking of purchasing from Szilvia.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Cosy comes from Bonnie Palmer. She's the second malt I have purchased from her and they are both sweet dispositions and adorable.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Cosy comes from Bonnie Palmer. She's the second malt I have purchased from her and they are both sweet dispositions and adorable.
COSYYYYYYYYYY!!!! The one, the only, original babydoll maltese!!!! Love her!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I have bought from

Bonnie's Angel Maltese (Casanova)
Shinemore Maltese (Bijou)

I have had dealings with (bought and returned, paid for but did not elect to receive, travelled to but not come home with, put a deposit down and waited a long time for, promised a specific pup but pup was sold to someone else-- in no particular order...):

Rhapsody Maltese
Tajon Maltese
Laureal Maltese
Diamond Maltese
Aria Maltese

Feel free to PM me for information. I have personally spoken to almost every Maltese breeder under the sun.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Gracie is from Mary Harrigan of Brookside Maltese (Mary H on this forum.) I couldn't have asked for a better breeder as a first time Maltese owner! Gracie is smart, independent, loving, extremely healthy, and has great knees! She is a littermate of Lynda's Gigi and a half sister to Lynda's Chachi.

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Gracie is from Mary Harrigan of Brookside Maltese (Mary H on this forum.) I couldn't have asked for a better breeder as a first time Maltese owner! Gracie is smart, independent, loving, extremely healthy, and has great knees! She is a littermate of Lynda's Gigi and a half sister to Lynda's Chachi.
And if you notice Gracie in your avatar pic, you will see the family trait of the beautiful elongated stretch of her neck. She's sitting up regal even when laying down. :wub:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
well my dolce came from a broker. wishuponapup , they sell maltese, shi tzus, yorkies and designer pups , even though i researched and researched and read and read i still bought my fluff from a broker thinking it was coming from a reputable breeder with champion lines .. now dont get me wrong i wish i could have found u guys sooner and i would have been educated by u guys prior but i love my dolce , knock on wood he has been healthy n he is the sweetest fluff ive ever met.
but after having my eyes opened here , even though i spoke to breeder , got pics , got millions of questions answered , got documents , went to "brokers " house i still dont know where dolce really came from , did he come socialized yes , potty trained 98%, did he stay under 4 lbs like i wanted yes , all in all i got what i was looking for. but i really wish i had way more info about breeders. i think its hard to get a pup in nyc .

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Sounds perfect if you got what you wanted! Dolce is absolutely adorable!

well my dolce came from a broker. wishuponapup , they sell maltese, shi tzus, yorkies and designer pups , even though i researched and researched and read and read i still bought my fluff from a broker thinking it was coming from a reputable breeder with champion lines .. now dont get me wrong i wish i could have found u guys sooner and i would have been educated by u guys prior but i love my dolce , knock on wood he has been healthy n he is the sweetest fluff ive ever met.
but after having my eyes opened here , even though i spoke to breeder , got pics , got millions of questions answered , got documents , went to "brokers " house i still dont know where dolce really came from , did he come socialized yes , potty trained 98%, did he stay under 4 lbs like i wanted yes , all in all i got what i was looking for. but i really wish i had way more info about breeders. i think its hard to get a pup in nyc .

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been doing some research for about a month now. At first i wanted to buy my dog from a pet store but after reading post after post i've been trying to find a breeder. I'm located in NY but willing to travel a bit. I found a few breeders deep in PA (about 500 miles away). i don't want to make the trip all the way there to be disappointed and not come home with a new family member. If anyone can give me some information/contacts/emails of breeders around the tri-state area that would be great.

I'm actually looking to buy a puppy for my gf. she lives in an apartment so the dog would have to be small and playful lol. Also I'm a full-time college student which means i have a budget. Any info would be helpful thanks again hope to welcome a new memeber to the family soon.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
I've been doing some research for about a month now. At first i wanted to buy my dog from a pet store but after reading post after post i've been trying to find a breeder. I'm located in NY but willing to travel a bit. I found a few breeders deep in PA (about 500 miles away). i don't want to make the trip all the way there to be disappointed and not come home with a new family member. If anyone can give me some information/contacts/emails of breeders around the tri-state area that would be great.

I'm actually looking to buy a puppy for my gf. she lives in an apartment so the dog would have to be small and playful lol. Also I'm a full-time college student which means i have a budget. Any info would be helpful thanks again hope to welcome a new memeber to the family soon.
There aren't that many good breeders around the NY area. I did go to PA.I was willing to drive to see my pup before I got him. I'm thinking a reputable breeder's price may be steep for a college student. Why don't you really keep an eye out for a rescue -- there are many Maltese who have become homeless because of the economy. You can look at Metropolitan Maltese - better yet contact them since many aren't listed on website. I also was impressed by this rescue who some SM members got their Malts from and they're in the NY area. Shih Tzus & Furbabies, Shih Tzu & Furbaby Rescue is dedicated to rescue, rehabilitaton and rehoming of toy breed dogs
Look at that little girl Buttons on the first page. They will transport their dogs to the tri-state area.
It would be better for you to save a Maltese' life then give money to a backyard breeder or pet store/puppy mill. Please consider it. It will get you points with your GF too. You need to do this together since a pup is a forever commitment.

141 - 160 of 199 Posts