Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I know they said the frontline plus (11-22 lb) is fine for dogs up to 22 pounds or something like that. That is what we were using, but it wasn't working! We could not kill the durn things!!! And Brinkley doesn't even go OUT to potty!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally called today and got a dose of CAPSTAR-it is a pill that is supposed to kill them all in 30 minutes to an hour. I gave all the cats and Brinkley a dose of it. It is almost 30 minutes...I can hear Spencer scratching like mad!!!
I also gave the cats a dose of Advantage. The vet tech said our fleas may be immune to the Frontline
GOOD GRIEF! She said the capstar and the advantage should do the trick. We don't need tick relief...he is not outside enough to worry about that. Maybe in the summer we will.

Will let you know if the combo of what we did tonight helps out any!!!

PS-I do know that i tried some of the lower priced stuff from Walmart and the farm supply...one of them was Biospot...but it did not work at all! (about as well as the high dollar frontline plus that didn't work AT ALL either!
)

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
both frontline and advantage work well...if you bathe your pup more than once a month go with the frontline b/c it doesnt wash off. i personally like advantage b/c its the safest, but it does wash off. if you have had luck with advantage, stick w/ it.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Since Jongee is so small, I'd recommend using the Frontline spray. You can just spray a little on a cosmetic puff and rub it all over her. I use it on Lady and my cats. It is much more economical, too, $22 or so for a small bottle that lasts YEARS!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Nov 22 2004, 08:03 AM
Since Jongee is so small, I'd recommend using the Frontline spray. You can just spray a little on a cosmetic puff and rub it all over her. I use it on Lady and my cats. It is much more economical, too, $22 or so for a small bottle that lasts YEARS!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17750
[/QUOTE]

My friend has used this spray on her dog. For some reason the vet the told me to use Frontline (same vet she goes to) never recommend it. I might check it out next season.

Frontline Spray

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i use advantix. this one doesnt wash off. just make sure to wait two hours to take your baby a bath. i usually wait a few days.
its worked so far. but we've never had problem with fleas.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think I am the only one that uses Revolution on this website??? Is it bad? We have never had any fleas, but I see that no one else uses it? Any feedback on it would be great.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Nov 22 2004, 11:34 AM
My box of Advantage said it worked through baths, rain etc...does it lie?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17821
[/QUOTE]

unless it has changed water wont wash it off but soap does, so you have to use a soap free shampoo.

i use revolution on my cats:) so no u r not the only one.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
My cats and dogs have used walmart flea collars all the time-Hartz and Sergeant brands especially-those were listed-
I don't see how they can be marketed if they are so dangerous.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Unfortunately, the pet product industry isn't as closely regulated people may think. Often people make the mistake of thinking that because something is on the shelves, it has been tested and is safe, which is not necessarily the case.

Often the danger of a product isn't truly known until after it is mass marketed, like the problem with Biospot a few years ago.

http://www.elversonpuzzle.com/biospotlettersv4.html

It's important to remember that flea control products are poison. It is far safer to purchase products that require a prescription from your vet, although even that can be dangerous as in the case of the Proheart 6 recall.

http://www.goodnewsforpets.com/news/curren...tRecallFAQs.htm

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i worked in an emergency clinic and we saw many emergencies from people who used walmart type flea products. esp cats are very sensitive...i dont go near the stuff

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by mee@Nov 19 2004, 08:04 PM
hi, i have a question

i ran out of Advantage Flea thing, and i need to buy more, but then i dont know which one to get !!

advantage only kills fleas not ticks..and i can get a 6month supply for about $36 at dr.foster and smith.com ..

i dont know which one from frontline to get if i choose that

theres frontline and frontline plus, but then frontline plus (about $27) only has for 11 lbs-22 pounds..jongee is 5 pounds.

and then its a 3 months supply,so do i only use half of frontline plus??
so if i use half of frontline plus, im saving money ??

can i please have ur opinions?/
thanks!! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17337
[/QUOTE]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts