Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
do you intervene when wally and toby fight? i think you should let wally correct toby. even though wally is submissive to you---i think he should be alpha to toby. toby is a little punk thats trying to become alpha--and when wally feels like it, he puts toby 'in his place'.

thats how i see it.

but ultimately wally should be alpha. continue to pet, give a treat, and do everything first to wally.

toby might be confused. ellie tried to dominate sprite---and since we were re-enforcing that sprite was alpha...ellie wasnt confused and learned quicker.

J

·
0 Posts
I can understand totally...I have a cat who thinks he is the alpha dog. He was raised with dogs (both have died) and it was so funny to watch this 11 pound cat boss the two dogs around - a black lab and a cocker spaniel. Both dogs would do what the cat said, and I do mean said. Spooky would meow and they would run!
I finally get to bring my baby home on Saturday! It should be interesting to see who will be the boss. I picked the puppy that is the leader, her 2 littermates do what she wants them to do.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have the same problem with Morgan and Bailey. I let them both work it out unless it comes to snapping really bad, then I do step in and make them both take a time out.

In my house...I am the alpha dog! lol

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
when gruffi first came into our house--sprite would take away whatever toy he had and walk 3 feet and then drop the toy. it was to show she was dominate. and we would give gruffi another toy---she would grab it again....she did it all the time for a while! and even now---she'll try to bother him by doing it. lol. but if she gets really pissed off, she'll jump to his face and bite his cheek or something. those times he deserves it cuz he steps on her little tiny feet. and he weighs like 65 lbs. anyway, so what wally is doing is totally normal. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts