Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had Skye a week now, she was 12 weeks when we got her, we decided to have her in a pen next to our bed to keep her safe she’s a tiny 2lbs, the first few nights were awful she cried and cried I kept putting my hand in the pen to reassure her, the next couple of nights seemed to slightly improve, but last night was bad again she whines and cries and claws at the side of the pen to get to me 😢 I have put my nice fluffy cardigan in there but I don’t know what else to do can anyone offer any words of wisdom? I might add that Maizy my older dog sleeps on the bed so I’m sure that doesn’t help but I was really trying to not let Skye even more so when she’s so tiny and our bed is quite high. She goes in her pen happily during the day.
Any advice welcome 😊

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Is there a mini enclosure (see through and on on top) you can put on your bed to protect her? I think Paula did something like that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s too big to go on the bed really 😕 she was a little bit better last night, not sure how many times I should be getting her up to take her outside for the toilet too so every time she whines I don’t know if it’s for that

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Things have improved and she now settles better and most nights sleeps a good 4-5 hour stretch just then doesn’t like going back to sleep- it’s like going back to a newborn baby but she’s so cute and full of character I don’t mind!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts