Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crystal Eye = I have been using this for 2 weeks every day with no change in the tear stains. Any better suggestions??

Pet Silk = Read that many of you guys are using this product. I have a shampoo for white coats and was wondering if there is any thing better. I also read about using conditioners, should this be used in every bath and if so are you talking adult conditioners?

Can you tell I am a new mom??

Thanks ...Puddles Mom

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I know exactly what you mean about the being a new Mom! My family and friends think I am nuts at times.

I have not used Crystal Eye so I cann't tell you about it. I did use Tear something or other from the pet store because I friend of my aunt's who has poodles and swears by it. :wacko: I gave it 2 weeks also and saw no change. Right now all I am doing it washing Lexi's face at least once a day with puppy tearless shampoo and combing out the globs of stuff.

I use PetSilk moisturizing shampoo and rinse every bath (every 1-2 weeks). I like Lexi's hair to be really soft so I try to leave the rinse on as long as she will let me. On the bottle it says 5 minutes. I usually only get about 3. When I am brushing her I use the leave-in condtioner. This was recommended by someone that was selling PetSilk at a dog show. So far it has worked great. Oh, make sure you never brush the hair dry. You should always spray something on the hair. Otherwise you can damage the hair.

I also have the whitening shampoo. I have heard not to use it every bath because it can dry out the skin and fur. I use it about once a month. I have had Lexi 2 1/2 months and used it only once "all over" and once on just the pee stains.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I wash Morgan's face everyday and try to keep the "goop" out of them. About once a month I use the Petsilk Tearstain kit on his face and that is about it. The kit works wonderfully, but make sure if you are going to use it, follow the directions as with any whitener, it can be drying to their hair. I found that out the first time I used it and didnt' follow them. Now I am like an old pro with it. I bought a tooth brush that i keep with it and apply it with that, works wonderfully!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts