Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of ordering the White on White shampoo and conditioner by Chris Christensen, but before I do, I was looking for some feedback. I looked around on SM for information, but didn't find any.

*Does it do what it claims to do as far as whitening or is it just like Pet Silk's whitening shampoo (not that there is anything wrong with Pet Silk)?
*Is this a shampoo/conditioner that you use every time you bathe your dog?
*How does it smell?
*Would you recommend it? Is it worth the money?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Sep 16 2005, 02:28 AM
I am thinking of ordering the White on White shampoo and conditioner by Chris Christensen, but before I do, I was looking for some feedback.  I looked around on SM for information, but didn't find any.

*Does it do what it claims to do as far as whitening or is it just like Pet Silk's whitening shampoo (not that there is anything wrong with Pet Silk)?
*How does it smell?
*Would you recommend it?  Is it worth the money?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100120
[/QUOTE]

My groomer told me not to use it every time i bathe maxi so now i let him use it once a month and i bathe maxi with gentle shampoo he says used to often it dries out there skin

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
I just ordered a bunch of grooming products from CC and they tell you when your order it not to use every bath. About once a month.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I ordered the Highlighting Shampoo from Bless the Beast. Received it the other day and tried it. I have to admit that I really like it. Wasn't to harsh on Lacey's hair. I followed it with the Replenishing Conditioner, I really like the Conditioner. I think I am going to stick with the Bless the Beast products. I do have the Ice on Ice from CC and that is my favorite leave in conditioner. I have been tempted to order the White on White from CC but haven't, yet. I only use the whitening shampoos about once a month, if that. I have found that if I use it alot Lacey's hair gets dry.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Oh I love the whitening shampoo, maybe its not too hard for maya bc she gets into mischief easily and gets pretty dirty, but I find that the conditioner replenishes if it does dry them out. It is pretty strong, and you can dilute it, but as far as whitening and making them look bright it does the job

·
Registered
117 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Sep 16 2005, 03:28 AM
I am thinking of ordering the White on White shampoo and conditioner by Chris Christensen, but before I do, I was looking for some feedback.  I looked around on SM for information, but didn't find any.

*How does it smell?
[/QUOTE]

I ordered the 4 bottle kit (4 oz. each) of the white on white whitening treatment, thick and thicker,after bath, and the day to day. It was just ok. No better than Pet Silk whitening shampoo, which is fine. You only use it maybe every 4th bath. I don't really notice any difference in any of the whitening shampoos over the regular shampoos. I much prefer the smell of the Pet Silk than the CC Systems. I won't order it again but I DO like the Ice on Ice Spray. I've tried lots of shampoos and I think La Pooch and Pet Silk are my favorites. Bless the Beast worked well but I didn't like the smell. It smells like a dog shampoo to me. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone for your responses. From what I hear, I don't think I will be ordering it. I have a whitening shampoo already and it seems to do a fine job, compared to what you have said.

Now if CC will just e-mail me back so I can order my brush!

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Sep 17 2005, 04:24 AM
Thank you everyone for your responses.  From what I hear, I don't think I will be ordering it.  I have a whitening shampoo already and it seems to do a fine job, compared to what you have said. 

Now if CC will just e-mail me back so I can order my brush! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100493
[/QUOTE]

Which brush are you going to order? The 27mm is hugh 8--81/2 inches long. They are only open Mon--thurs. I know because I called them yesterday. Not open on Friday.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Sep 17 2005, 10:55 AM
Which brush are you going to order? The 27mm is hugh 8--81/2 inches long. They are only open Mon--thurs. I know because I called them yesterday. Not open on Friday.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100536
[/QUOTE]
That was what my e-mail was about--which brush to order.

Do you have the 27mm? Is the brush to big to do a decent job? That was another of my concerns. Toby is 6 lbs, and while that is larger than most Malts, he is still relatively small. I don't want to spend money on a brush that I will be disappointed in because it isn't doing an adequate job.

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Sep 16 2005, 03:28 AM

*How does it smell?
[/QUOTE]

I just posted a reply under my original post "New Grooming Products"

I had orderd the CC product line and used the entire line (that I received) today and it is absolutely wonderful.
I have not used the Silk shampoo but I have used the conditioner. As of this moment I am loving the CC products much more than the Silk. Sassy smells GREAT.
Very clean smelling and not at all like doggie shampoo. I do not know quiet how to describe the scent. Very clean and fresh.
I would definitely recommend the products. As for the money, they are no more expensive than the other products I have been using. By ordering I am not running all over town to find one product here and another there, etc. :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just got an e-mail back and basically they said to use the 27mm Oblong Brush for the short coat and the 27mm Gold Series Pin Brush when his hair is longer.

Are these any good? I hate to waste money on ordering them and be disappointed. I am also a hairdresser, so are these basically nice brushes that I would be able to get at the supply store or are they specifically designed for dogs?

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Nicole, we did a brush comparison thread last Spring on the CC brushes (mainly the Gold Series brush) you might want to read:

http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1824

We've had other discussions on the CC brushes, too. I think the consensus is that the company usually recommends their other brushes, but that those who have tried them found them too harsh for Maltese with their single coats. The Gold Series brush is really the only one gentle enough with enough "give" for Maltese.

I got one for Lady after using a A#1 All Systems white pad pin brush (pocket size) for years. It took some getting used to, but now I love it! Toby has a coat similar to Lady's, I think, doesn't he? More cottony and thick? It is wonderful on that type of coat. I have the 27 mm, but it also comes in 20 mm if oyu kep Toby shorter. As for the size, it's a standard size brush. What have you been using? I had a little trouble adjusting to the size because I was used to the pocket size, but I'm used to it now. Charmypoo uses this brush on her tiny ones, I think.

The A#1 All Systems is probably still the favorite of most people, especially those whose Malts have a silkier, more proper coat. It's about $15, too!

BTW, I also love the CC Mark 1 slicker. It really pained me to spend $24 on a slicker (that's a lot of bows to make!), but it was well worth it! It is especially nice for the legs.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Marj! For some reason, the brush choices really confuse me. I have been using a cheap brush from PetCo.
I hadn't really needed a "nice" one because Toby was always in such a short cut and he never needed to be brushed. Now that I am going to let him grow out a bit, the cheap brush is falling apart--the pins are coming off!
I will carefully review the link you gave me. Thanks again!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts