Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Pet Silk products all the time and LOVE them - but last night I tried the whitening shampoo and conditioner for the first time.

The plus side is that she feels even softer and silkier than she does with the normal shampoo and conditioner, and smells wonderful. In most areas she also looks very white and shiny.

The problem is that she has blue patches which will NOT rinse out. I even tried reshampooing them with her normal stuff to see if it would get it out - which it didn't.

It actually looked much worse when she was still wet, but she has a dfinite blue 'glow' on patches of her back, one ear and one side of her nose.

Fortunately my husband thought it was the funniest thing he had ever heard when I told him about it, and it's really not all that noticable now that she's dry, but I'm not sure that I like the blue rinse look!

Has anyone else had this problem or did I do something wrong?
Thanks, Vikki and Audrey

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
omg, thats horrible! I noticed that with a tear stain removal solution. After I applied it, the dogs hair turned a little blue on his face, it eventually faded though. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
When I tried whitening shampoo on chelsey the first time. I did notice that parts of her were whiter then others or with a slight tinchy blue... but it looks white to the eye.
My husband only noticed that she was so white... Now she is just bright white alll over.
Well not today... she is due a bath..

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Certain whitening shampoo's dye my hands blue too. I've never noticed any left on the boys though. Since you've already tried to rewash her, I don't know what else to tell you. Sorry I'm no help

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by Vikki and Audrey@Jul 14 2005, 12:59 PM
I took her out for a walk today and went by my office where everyone knows her. Everyone commented on how lovely and white she was looking, so maybe the blue isn't so bad after all! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=81313
[/QUOTE]

I think we see it as blue becaue we know it was blue shampoo, but to everyone else it looks really white

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I have the whitening shampoo from Pet Silk too and never had blue patches. I was going to tell you that maybe you didn't rinse enough but apparently you did. So I don't know. Do you let the rinse sit for a while ? I am not patient. So I apply the product and rinse right after. Maybe that's also the reason I don't see really a difference between the normal and whitening shampoo. Could it be that on those places that look blue to you there was more concentration of the product ?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took some pics of her today running around the yard - sooo cute

You can't see the blue at all and she looks about as white as she ever has. I'm actually quite happy.

I definitely left the conditioner in for a few minutes so maybe that was it. I seriously couldn't have rinsed her anymore than I did!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
wow she looks great. what an adorable baby u have there

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Awww what a beautiful baby! And with such a whiTe face...is it always that white with no tear stains? What is your secret

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by NewMom328@Jul 14 2005, 10:23 PM
Awww what a beautiful baby! And with such a whiTe face...is it always that white with no tear stains?  What is your secret
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=81523
[/QUOTE]

Thank you!
Yes her face is pretty much always that white and the secret is... lots of maintanence! We use Collyrium every single night and comb through with a flee comb.

We also use distilled water for her to drink.

If we are lazy and miss a couple of days, she will start to get tear stains. If it is starting to look bad I will use the MOM formula over night and that totally removes the stain. It drys the hair though, so we never use MOM more than once or occassionally twice a month.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I never noticed blue patches when I used Petsilk's whitening shampoo. Maybe try shaking the shampoo and conditioner before applying? I dont know. You shouldnt have to. That's weird.

I LOVE THE PICTURES

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
WOW! What a beautiful puppy you have!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.