Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sugarplum is getting her first bath at home this weekend when I’ll have some help. I want to use a whitening shampoo. Any recommendations? I’ve read that it shouldn’t be used every time a white dog is bathed because it is drying. If this is the case, could I add a very small amount of an oil such as olive oil or hemp oil, or perhaps use a moisturizing conditioner, leaving it in for a couple extra minutes? BTW, I do add organic cold pressed hemp oil to my shampoo because I have moderate to severe scalp psoriasis, and not only does it soothe my scalp and reduce the scaling, but it has also softened and strengthened my hair. There was also some significant thinning in some areas, and hair is starting to grow back.

·
Premium Member
17,394 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,143 Posts
I use Chris Christensen, clean start shampoo and conditioner I buy the gallon size, and White on white whitener, which I use the whitener maybe every 6 months
I also use Thick-thicker and Ice on Ice Ultra dematting spray, that is amazing
When I got started with the Chris system I bought the day to day system kit, it has all the products in a trial size,$ 14.99, om Amazon cheap way to try it to see if it works for you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts