Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="font-family:Times">Im looking into purchasing a good non drying, prefferably tearless, whitening shampoo. Any suggestions?
What do you guys use?</span>

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I use Top Performance Bright Magic that I get from Petedge...It is all the things you are looking for!

Here's the link!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Jack gets Blue Diamond whitening shampoo on his body, legs, and beard -- but it's not tearless.

So we use just plain old Johnson's Baby shampoo for his face, whiskers, and above his eyes... I know it's for "HUMAN" babies, but it seems to work just fine on Jack, and I can get it in his eyes when he's thrashing about, and it doesn't burn them...

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I use the Bless the Beast products. I was on the website the other day and noticed a whitening shampoo. Has anyone used the whitening shampoo from Bless the Beast? I just love the products so I will order a bottle when I am almost done with the whitening shampoo I use now. I try not to use it to often...dries out Lacey's hair.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Jul 4 2005, 01:47 PM
I use the Bless the Beast products.  I was on the website the other day and noticed a whitening shampoo.  Has anyone used the whitening shampoo from Bless the Beast?  I just love the products so I will order a bottle when I am almost done with the whitening shampoo I use now.  I try not to use it to often...dries out Lacey's hair.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=77846
[/QUOTE]

Hi yes ,

I use the product it is good if you are looking for brightener not a whitener..
It really brightens the coat leaving it looking great and smelling great. It is not harsh and will not dry out he coat. You can use this as many times as you like.

Which whitening shampoo do you curretly use?

Proline whitening shampoo is really good for a whitener it does not dry out chelseys coat . It really whitens. I only use it once or twice a month.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use the Bless the Beast products.  I was on the website the other day and noticed a whitening shampoo.  Has anyone used the whitening shampoo from Bless the Beast?  I just love the products so I will order a bottle when I am almost done with the whitening shampoo I use now.  I try not to use it to often...dries out Lacey's hair.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=77846

Hi yes ,

I use the product it is good if you are looking for brightener not a whitener..
It really brightens the coat leaving it looking great and smelling great. It is not harsh and will not dry out he coat. You can use this as many times as you like.

Which whitening shampoo do you curretly use?

Proline whitening shampoo is really good for a whitener it does not dry out chelseys coat . It really whitens. I only use it once or twice a month.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=77856

<span style="font-family:Times">
I just ordered one online. Its by Bio-groom. Its a tearless whitening one. I dont know how it works yet but Ill let you know once I try it....
</span>

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I use Coat Handler shampoo and conditioner. You can get it at Pet Edge. I started using it because my groomer swears by it and it doesn't sting my maltese
eyes. So far, I love it.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I've used Biogroom and Petsilk and I like Biogroom better. You can finish it with an oatmeal shampoo that will leave it ooooo soooooo soft.

Sometimes I use Bluing on them. I do see some difference! It's used for whitening laundry and I think back in the days older ladies use it for their hair too.
I use Bluing more than I use a whitening shampoo. Someone on here told me it's the least harsh compared to any shampoo.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Jul 4 2005, 07:01 PM
I've used Biogroom and Petsilk and I like Biogroom better.  You can finish it with an oatmeal shampoo that will leave it ooooo soooooo soft.

Sometimes I use Bluing on them.  I do see some difference!  It's used for whitening laundry and I think back in the days older ladies use it for their hair too. 
I use Bluing more than I use a whitening shampoo.  Someone on here told me it's the least harsh compared to any shampoo.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=77970
[/QUOTE]

Is that why some old ladies have blue hair? Where do you get bluing? I have never heard of it. Although with Rex's skin right now I wont be trying it, maybe in the future!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I found it in Kroger's, a grocery store. It was in the detergent isle. It's really suppose to make their gray/white hair shine. But if you put too much, it can turn your hair blue. teehee.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Right now I use the Petsilk Whitening shampoo. I prefer the Bless the Beast products. I even have tried the Petsilk Liquid Silk and I don't like how Lacey's hair feels after a few days...oily and it seems to attack the dirt. I do love and swear by the Bless the Beast pomade, I just love it when I have to deal with a matt. I am out of it, ordered some on Friday, so I used the Petsilk instead and I just don't like it. Everyone comments on how good Lacey smells but it just isn't for her. I am going to order some of the Bleass the Beast whitening shampoo and try. Right now Lacey is going through a coat change...I think and she has been getting some matts. I have to give her 2 baths a week now to keep on top of her coat. She is getting trimmed in two weeks...can't wait...so until then she will be getting baths and lots of combing to stay on top of the matts. I try not to use to many whitening products on her hair...her coat dries out if I use more than every two months.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<span style="font-family:Times">thanks for the pics charmypoo :D </span>

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Dixie came with sample size pure paws and the reccomendation to use it weekly. Seeing her breeder is also showing dogs, I would think it works well. I don't think it's tearless though. Hope this helps.
Fach

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<span style="font-family:Times">thanks everyone :D </span>

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
2 more cents here! I have been using the Pure Paws line on Pico for years as my groomer recommended it and uses it on him also.

I use the Brightener shampoo and follow with the conditioner, diluted. I use the spray when brushing him between baths. He smells sooooo good and his coat shines even though it's cottony. His tail and ears just shimmer becasue they are silky.

I don't think it's supposed to be tearless but I use it on his face, very carefully, with my thumbs and then use a face cloth to rinse thoroughly so water doesn't wash the shampoo into his eyes.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Jul 5 2005, 02:40 PM
2 more cents here!  I have been using the Pure Paws line on Pico for years as my groomer recommended it and uses it on him also.

I use the Brightener shampoo and follow with the conditioner, diluted.  I use the spray when brushing him between baths.  He smells sooooo good and his coat shines even though it's cottony.  His tail and ears just shimmer becasue they are silky.

I don't think it's supposed to be tearless but I use it on his face, very carefully, with my thumbs and then use a face cloth to rinse thoroughly so water doesn't wash the shampoo into his eyes.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=78391
[/QUOTE]
<span style="font-family:Times">where did purchase all your pure paws products? what is the spray you use in between baths for? is it like a leave in condioner type thing?</span>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts