Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Beastie just got home. And I know that Sissy's Momma is waiting on Sissy. I'm waiting on my little IzzyBella. Is anyone else waiting? Can we wait together?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I am waiting too
but she may never come. She is around 12 weeks now but if she doesn't turn out to be show quality she won't be coming to me. I am so tempted though!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Linda - even though Beastie is home, I'll wait with you. I know what you're going through! What have you bought for IzzyBella so far? I have found that we've had to go out and purchase more stuff after we got him home, even though I thought we had everything and then some. Jeez, at this rate, I'll be lucky to live in HIS house.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Yeah, Linda, what HAVE you bought? We want to hear all the details.

And Charmypoo, how come we haven't heard this before now?????

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am waiting,well the whole family is actuelly. Were waiting for our Little Boy...he should be ready march....1 more month to gooooooooo..... Gonna go see him hopefully next couple of days. And pay rest of Money,,,,

Untill then I just
here and wait.....

·
Registered
240 Posts
I can't wait for all of your babies to come home! I will be scouting this site looking for pics!!! My new little girl is only a sparkle in her mother's eye right now....I have at least 5 months of waiting ahead of me, but she will be Pippin's full sister so she is more than worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I didn't want to mention anything in case it doesn't go through! My mentor has advised me not to take the puppy too early because knowning me ... I will never be able to let her go. This is what happened with Sparkle but I just love her too much. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

5 will be a lot but I am so lucky to have a helping family

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Is she from the same breeder your other dogs are from? How long do you have to wait before you can tell if she's show quality? A few more months?

Wow - 5! And all in those gorgeous long coats! How DO you do it?

·
Registered
894 Posts
:D :D Yes, we're still waiting. We saw Sisse last night and she actually yelped at us when we left!! It about broke my heart.......1 week from tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sissy is coming home Feb. 9th?

Quess What!!
I called the breeder today to verify our plans to see IzzyBella tomorrow. It's our 3rd wedding anniversary and that's our treat to ourselves. It's a 4 hour drive and we're both looking forward to the alone time. Anyway.... the breeder informed us that we can bring IzzyBella home sometime next week, possibly around the 12th or 13th!!

I am beside myself with joy. We were never given a clear date because the breeder likes to see how well they are eating and how less they are nursing. IzzyBella will be 11 weeks by then. She said she is eating great, doing wonderful and the breeder believes we will do fine with that time frame.

Tomorrow at this time I will be meeting IzzyBella for the first time.

So far, we've purchased: a leash, a collar, a harness, 2 hard plastic crates for crate training, bowls, water bottle, a Kong toy, a Kong teether toy, a round disc toy that you put treats inside and they try to get them out, a brush, a comb, 2 blankets, 6 outfits (Isn't that awful??!!!
) hair bows, 100 pee pads, organic fruit puppy treats (we only feed our dog organic veggie w/lamb food) a stuffed pink reindeer and 2 books on Malteses.

Can you suggest anything else we're going to need? I haven't found the Nutrical yet. I may have to order it online.

Have I mentioned how excited I am? We've been sleeping with one of her blankets for the past few weeks, we're taking that to her tomorrow and leaving it with her so she will be familiar with our scent, plus the blanket will pick up her siblings and parents scent to bring home with her.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Linda, I'm so excited for you. Not much longer now! How do you plan to contain her when you are gone? We use the crate but also have a small animal playpen that we like very much. Also, be sure to ask the breeder what kind of food she is being given now cause you'll need to switch slowly so her tummy won't get upset. Has she had any of her shots? I would suggest that you go ahead and make a vet appointment for the first business day that you'll be home so that you can take her right in and have her checked out. I hope your visit with her is wonderful. You are taking a digital camera (or some kind of camera), right? As for the Nutrical, my vet had it. The one he had had a different name, something like EnerCal. I guess its all the same. You could ask about it when you make your appt. to keep from having to order.

Have a great visit.
Susan

·
Registered
894 Posts
I got the NutriCal at PetSmart. It was $7.99 here, but if you go to UPCO.com and order it online it is only$3.45. If you plan on ordering some other things it would be well worth your while. They have a $5.00 "handling" charge but they do not charge shipping. They also have a free catalog you can sign up for. Their things are WAY below anything I have seen on any other "doggie" website. Go to the site and look around www.UPCO.com.

They have a special right now on some cute toys, they are called "Belly Buddies", they are a stuffed toy with an elastic circle in the tummy that has a tennis ball in it. They said you can put treats in the "belly" and put the tennis ball in so the pup can dig the ball out to get to the treat. They are really cute and only $1.75 each!! The puppy pee pads are pretty good in price too.......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts