Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caper just had his bath. I need to notify Quebec hydro so they can boast production so I can blow dry him.

15939034567891228120120410019000.jpg

Reactions: zooeysmom

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Walter, Casper is so pretty. He has beautiful hair and so much of it!!!!! That must take forever to dry.

·
Super Moderator
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It takes me over 30 minutes, but he has been trained to be groomed. It is unreal how thick his coat is.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
It takes me over 30 minutes, but he has been trained to be groomed. It is unreal how thick his coat is.
You would never have to worry about him getting cold with all that thick hair. It's beautiful!

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
A beautiful dog with a beautiful coat. Just gorgeous!

·
Premium Member
24,150 Posts
Look at Casper, you can really see how he was called Ch. Great Master of Angela White Kr -Adura Maltese
I had to go to Katherine's site to get his full name 😉
Where do they come up with these names😄

·
Super Moderator
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It took 8 months to grow his hair out, but it is so gorgeous and now that it is summer no static.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Casper is gorgeous in his long coat. I love the picture - you really captured his big expressive eyes. I love when when they look at you and you can see some of the white in their eyes. Abella does not have a really thick coat and she seems to take for every to blow dry. Her ears take the longest. I can't imagine how long it takes to brush & dry Casper. His amazing pedigree is in full display - Gorgeous!
🐶 🐾🌻

·
Premium Member
17,397 Posts
WOW, is he handsome! Love his bow, his pigment & his expressive face! 8 months to grow out his coat is actually very fast---must be all those 'delish veggies.
Are you back working on campus? How does it like that after your being home so long? I think the adjustment will be difficult for both of you.

·
Super Moderator
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am going to continue to let it grow. I will trim his face and ears, and just shape him. No groomer since before March, so I am grooming him. His hair is so luxurious, I spend a lot of time combing him out - I defy anyone to find a mat anywhere on him.

I am mostly working from home. I go in once a week, but I tend to be the only one there. We will be working from home until January mostly. We will have students in the fall, so we will work on campus occasionally. We have been luckier than others. Sadly, covid took its toll on nursing homes, but in the general population our part of the state was not hit hard with Covid. Now that state numbers are way way down things are looking up.

I think it is difficult for him when I am away, but Judy comes over for a while on the days I work.

·
Premium Member
5,316 Posts
Casper’s coat is beautiful. Im totally impressed with your grooming skills. It’s alot of work to keep them in full coat. I’m down to Suki. Ling Ling and Lacie have been chopped short. I totally gave up the maintenance and the marathon baths every weekend, too much for me now.
Enjoy the coat...it’s just a matter of time, haha!

·
Super Moderator
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Casper’s coat is beautiful. Im totally impressed with your grooming skills. It’s alot of work to keep them in full coat. I’m down to Suki. Ling Ling and Lacie have been chopped short. I totally gave up the maintenance and the marathon baths every weekend, too much for me now.
Enjoy the coat...it’s just a matter of time, haha!
Actually his coat is so amazing. It takes time, but he is so co-operative. For us it is bonding time. Luck had long hair, nothing like this, but grooming was our special time. I do want to find a nice finishing conditioner though.

Reactions: maddysmom
1 - 15 of 15 Posts