Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do our little darlings get into such mischief? I just finished putting child safety latches on my bathroom cabinets. They've been on the kitchen cabinets for about a year now.

You see, it seems like my darling little tripod, Tessa, :innocent: figured out that the same technique she used to open the kitchen cabinets last year (which necessitated the installation of said latches in that room) also works on the bathroom cabinets in both bathrooms! :w00t: Friday night, as I'm rushing around to get ready to go to St. Louis for the weekend, I hear a "crash" and go into the bathroom to see Tessa licking up Dawn dishwashing liquid which I keep under the sink. So, not knowing what it would do to her, I called the ER vet who referred me to the ASPCA poison hot line.

On the good side, it's not toxic so the worst thing would be an upset stomach which she did not have. Also, Proctor & Gamble apparently picks up the charge from ASPCA for phone consults that involve their products - thank you P&G - so I didn't have to pay the $65 for the call.:aktion033: In the meantime, while I was on the phone with the ER vet, she headed for the guest bathroom and gave a swipe at those cabinets as well, so I know they aren't safe either!:blink:

So, on my way home from St. Louis this afternoon, I stopped at the hardware store, picked up some latches, and installed them tonight. The "Helpful Hardware Man" at Ace did think it was rather amusing, especially when he found out she weighted 10 pounds and had only 3 legs! :brownbag: Oh what will my little darling think of next!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I'm glad the story turned out okay, but it really was kind of funny reading your explanation. LOL I never thought any of us would have to buy CHILD SAFETY LATCHES to keep the dogs out of stuff. lol They truly are intelligent!

I wonder if P&G cover the cost of the hot line because they support & use Dawn for the oil spill cleaning of birds and other animals -- I think that's wonderful they cover the cost. I shared your story with my husband and he had no idea Dawn was used to clean the wildlife from oil...or that when I buy a bottle of Dawn a portion gets donated. lol

·
Premium Member
24,171 Posts
Tessa sweetheart :innocent:your mommy is catching on:whistle: you might have to find the garbage cans next time:HistericalSmiley: wow she's a smart girl Maggie:good post - perfect she's going to keep you on your toes:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Oh Maggie this makes me love Tessa even more!! I just adore her. :wub: Such a little smarty pants. I bet if you give her time, she'll figure out how to open up the treat jar you conveniently leave on your coffee table. :HistericalSmiley:

Isn't it amazing the embarrassment we go through for our fluffs? I'll swap you embarrassing moments. I needed to put some type of protective cover over a wrap that I had on Zoe's paw a couple of years ago to keep it clean and dry when she went outside. Some members of NMR and mentioned that a condom worked well. So I'm at the drug store trying to figure out what 'size' to get my little girl. I had a pharmacist come over to help me since he could tell I was taking forever making a decision. :smrofl:

·
Premium Member
24,171 Posts
Oh Maggie this makes me love Tessa even more!! I just adore her. :wub: Such a little smarty pants. I bet if you give her time, she'll figure out how to open up the treat jar you conveniently leave on your coffee table. :HistericalSmiley:

Isn't it amazing the embarrassment we go through for our fluffs? I'll swap you embarrassing moments. I needed to put some type of protective cover over a wrap that I had on Zoe's paw a couple of years ago to keep it clean and dry when she went outside. Some members of NMR and mentioned that a condom worked well. So I'm at the drug store trying to figure out what 'size' to get my little girl. I had a pharmacist come over to help me since he could tell I was taking forever making a decision. :smrofl:

:thumbsup::embarrassed::LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Ahhh, little doggies. :biggrin: One of mine, a rescue, took 3 years to learn "sit"--but taught herself how to open closet doors and, worse, the shutters on the windows when I had a ground floor apartment.

Glad yours is fine, and that at least she and you brought smiles to the helpful hardware folks. :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Crystal - I hope she never causes me to have to do THAT!!!!:w00t:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Maggie, that made me laugh...thanks...I needed that. I think as long as Tessa is opening the kitchen cabinets she may as well learn to take out some spices and cook up a dinner for you now and then. :HistericalSmiley:

I never knew these little dogs can do any of those things...sorry for laughing, but the way you worded it all really tickled me. Oh Tessa, with a face like that...how would anyone stay mad at you!!!:wub:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts