Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

On the "other" site...some poster is talking about how often she should change potty pads. One of the replies says she changes them 3-5 times a day or something and she pays 28.99 for 50 of them! :eek:

So...I reply back...that maybe she needs to shop around and that I buy 50 for half of that and she can email me if she wants more information....and I gave my email address.
I have seen others do that...or their AIM address or something on there. WHAT IS SO WRONG ABOUT PUTTING YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION!!! Why are we not allowed to share valuable information with others. I mean really, she obviously has not shopped around, b/c she can beat that price at Walmart! But still, I just do NOT understand the dictatorship over there. I do not understand what the harm is in sharing information with others.

I love this forum. I love the atmosphere, the people I have met, the lack of rules/regulations...the ability to PM people, or email them...I love that the posts are not regulated and come up IMMEDIATELY! I love that I don't have to think so hard and reword things 5 times before I come up with an adequate post that STILL does not pass inspection processes!! I can just chat/type and not worry about a THING!!!! AND, I can view the photo album pictures without paying!!!!

:ph34r:
Whew!!! Ok, venting is over. Poor girl over there will just have to keep paying her 28.99 for 50 pee pads until she figures out she can do a search and find a better forum!
Thank you Spoiled Maltese!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow, $30 bucks for 50 pee pads! Geez man, that is outrageous!! I didn't know that we weren't allowed to post info like that until I joined here, and everyone was talking about the "other" site. However I did think it was ridiculous to have posts approved, and you can't post contact info!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Jul 30 2004, 07:40 PM
I love this forum. I love the atmosphere, the people I have met, the lack of rules/regulations...the ability to PM people, or email them...I love that the posts are not regulated and come up IMMEDIATELY!
stop, i'm starting to blush
glad you like it, as time allows (i own an unrelated forum with almost 4000 members) this place will get bigger and better, its starting to grow here and get exciting

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Nichole@Jul 30 2004, 07:51 PM
I gave up on that place. I am just disgusted! Did you get a nasty e-mail from the "moderators?"

As for the girl and her way to expensive pee pee pads, call me cheap or frugal, but at that point I would teach my dog to just go outside (maybe that's why I do :lol: ). I would think she would come to realize that is WAY too expensive. I love to look for bargins and I usually start with the internet, so I would think she would be shopping around before shelling out that kind of money on pee pads.
I never got a nasty email...they just took off my post...I know they did b/c when I first checked, it said "pending approval" or whatever, but now it is not there at all.

And yes, the internet is great. I get 50 for 13.99 on petedge and I found a pack of 50 at walmart the other day for 12.98 or something really close to the same. Even at petsmart you can do better than what that lady was paying...at least at our petsmart you can.

thanks for listening to my vent. I am sure he will snoop over here and i will be banned before long anyway. especially if he reads this post...LOL

·
Registered
400 Posts
Woah, 4000 members! What is the main topic of the board?

I got so fed up over there. I posted a topic about what people thought of Eye Envy? It was never posted. I was new over there, so I really didn't know how controlled those boards were. I waited a couple days and posted again, and it still wasn't put up! <_< So, I bought the Eye Envy (it didn't work, but I got my 20$ refunded) and searched for another Maltese forum. So, so, so glad I found this one!

·
Registered
939 Posts
I had the same experience with Eye Envy... didn't work, but they did send me a refund. I think this was about a year ago and it was one of the first times I posted here

Judi

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Woah, 4000 members! What is the main topic of the board?[/B]
its a national 4X4 club with members all over the world

Most users ever online was 208, 05-15-2004
Threads: 22,041, Posts: 290,216, Members: 3,858

Did you start your other site at the same time as you did this one?[/B]
close but not quite, i never had an intention of a Maltese forum until I found out how many people were unhappy with the "other one", hopefully one day this one will be as popular

if anyone wants to view my other website just to check it out PM me for the web address

·
Registered
205 Posts
Really, truly Thank You for creating this forum!
I am really appreciative of all the help & support of all the members here and being able to post my (sometimes dumb) questions! :D I'm am happy to see that more people are finding this forum! Its just so much nicer and everyone is friendly and respects eachother! I agree its getting exciting here! I'm sure you'll have 4000 members here in no time!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i use pee pee pads too, and found a good deal on the interent

150 pads for $40.98 from drsfostersmith.com

i used to buy 100 pack from jbpets but i was looking in the drsfoster site
and found they sell 150 ! and its 41 dollars including shipping
the pads are very very thick as well and absorbs better than jbpets..

i just thought it might help somebody

and thank you for this great site !!
i hardly go to the other site anymore..

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by mee@Jul 31 2004, 06:07 PM
i use pee pee pads too, and found a good deal on the interent

150 pads for $40.98 from drsfostersmith.com

i used to buy 100 pack from jbpets but i was looking in the drsfoster site
and found they sell 150 ! and its 41 dollars including shipping
the pads are very very thick as well and absorbs better than jbpets..

i just thought it might help somebody

and thank you for this great site !!
i hardly go to the other site anymore..
Thanks mee...for the information...
:D

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i buy from ebay (dont buy from ebay member wastetocharity (something like that)).

anyway:

1,000 - one thoused wee wee pads

UPS shipped

for.... $102

if you want the ebay member i bought from, ask me.

J

·
0 Posts
DoctorCathy, yes please give the member name. I thought I was doing good getting 30 pads for $7.99 at BJ's here in Ohio. (BJ's is a wholesale club).

Also, does anyone use the dog litter? Lacey is doing great with her piddle pads but I was thinking of maybe trying the litter box. She is 5 months old now and I don't want to confuse her. Winters are cold here next to Lake Erie and I live in what is called the snow belt...lots of snow.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
okay, i tried looking for that person on ebay---i couldnt find her. never buy from wastetocharity (if they still sell on there)...their wee wee pads were super thin and didnt soak up ellies pee (she likes to pee at the very last minute and she goes forever). i tried looking again. theres a person on there now that i sorta like. gloho. here's a link

gloho wee wee pads

just get the price and divide that by how many wee wee pads. so with this guy you'd be getting each wee wee pad for 16 cents. $50.5/300=.16

do a search for 'wee wee pads', 'piddle pads', 'training pads'....etc. make sure they have good feed back. i wish this person i used to buy from was still on ebay. the wee wee pads were really good. i also liked trixe (i think that was the name), but he stopped selling like 2 yrs ago.
he had great wee wee pads. they were thick and cheap.

i hope this helps.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I used to go on that other site all the time, until yesterday. There was a very long thread that ran for a few days about "calling all bigger maltese". After a while it got ridiculous (sp?). I have a malt that is almost 13 pounds so I decided to get in on it. It had gotten to the point where the topic had gone around to the quality of the dogs from breeders and no good breader would breed a dog that large. At the end of my post, I stated that I found my breeder by purchasing the list from the website. Did that mean they were irresponsible? Well they printed my post without the comment about the breeders list. I was very angry because that was my whole point. I remembered that I read about another site so I searched for it and tada!!! here I am. I have only been a member for a day, but I love it already. Thanks for being here. leslie

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Your lucky you were not banned.

But yeah i do agree that its very helpful to be able to help one another out with probs/questions... i do NOT see the harm in helping someone else! I really do not know what/how you can even have a conversation without saying certain words or names when answering someone's question.

I love SM too!!! I get so many ideas from reading all the conversations here!
* I bought Kodie a great toy someone suggested! (He loves it!)
* I have so much advice on what exact grooming supplies to buy!
* I have TONS of GREAT new web sites to buy kodie clothes from!
* I can always post a picture or ask about any product I do not know much about!

Without SM... where would i go to find out a lot of these things?!

No book is gonna tell me all this! and there is not many maltese owners where i live!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts