Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by maltsmom@Feb 11 2005, 03:28 PM
I used to go on that other site all the time, until yesterday.  There was a very long thread that ran for a few days about "calling all bigger maltese".  After a while it got ridiculous (sp?).  I have a malt that is almost 13 pounds so I decided to get in on it.  It had gotten to the point where the topic had gone around to the quality of the dogs from breeders and no good breader would breed a dog that large.  At the end of my post, I stated that I found my breeder by purchasing the list from the website.  Did that mean they were irresponsible?  Well they printed my post without the comment about the breeders list.  I was very angry because that was my whole point.  I remembered that I read about another site so I searched for it and tada!!! here I am.  I have only been a member for a day, but I love it already.  Thanks for being here.  leslie
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34866
[/QUOTE]
(I think I already said that but... I had to say it again!)

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
yeah they always do that .. edit your information. So rude.
or if someone ask question... they start to bash them ...somtimes I feel so bad for the new people.
====================================================
Anyway back to the topic... I pay the same price here in canada for wee wee pads. I did try to order on line and got them cheeper , but they were a waist of my money . They did not hold water well at all compaired to the ones we use.

The one we use are sented with grass sent and hold way more water so no leaking on the floor. I find the blue one not so great. So I rather pay for a product that works

·
Registered
522 Posts
The one we use are sented with grass sent and hold way more water so no leaking on the floor. I find the blue one not so great. So I rather pay for a product that works[/B]
Would you please tell me what brand name they are? As I would like to teach Izzy to use both pee pads and the grass outside, they sound perfect.

I have to add my applause to Joe's Spoiled Maltese board. I can not begin to express the gratitude for all the advice I've learned from so many generous people. IzzyBella is my first Maltese and you all have been invaluable. I love the name brands, I love that I don't have to guess on what products that are tried and true. Thank you all.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Feb 11 2005, 04:03 PM
I love SM too!!! I get so many ideas from reading all the conversations here!
*  I bought Kodie a great toy someone suggested!  (He loves it!)
*  I have so much advice on what exact grooming supplies to buy!
*  I have TONS of GREAT new web sites to buy kodie clothes from!
*  I can always post a picture or ask about any product I do not know much about!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34888
[/QUOTE]

What toy did you buy? I am always looking for something fun and safe

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by maltsmom+Feb 12 2005, 05:53 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie
@Feb 11 2005, 04:03 PM

I love SM too!!! I get so many ideas from reading all the conversations here!
*  I bought Kodie a great toy someone suggested!  (He loves it!)
*  I have so much advice on what exact grooming supplies to buy!
*  I have TONS of GREAT new web sites to buy kodie clothes from!
*  I can always post a picture or ask about any product I do not know much about!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34888

What toy did you buy? I am always looking for something fun and safe
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34994
[/B][/QUOTE]
its a tunnel toy... there are pics of kodie on the thread!
Toy

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Just want to add my gratitude and thanks as well: to Joe for this amazing board, to all of you who care and support all of us, for the fun, great advise, the comraderie, shared experiences and wisdom. I celebrate it all! SM rocks, and I'm SO glad to be part of it!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by 20202@Feb 11 2005, 11:52 PM
The one we use are sented with grass sent and hold way more water so no leaking on the floor. I find the blue one not so great. So I rather pay for a product that works
Would you please tell me what brand name they are? As I would like to teach Izzy to use both pee pads and the grass outside, they sound perfect.

I have to add my applause to Joe's Spoiled Maltese board. I can not begin to express the gratitude for all the advice I've learned from so many generous people. IzzyBella is my first Maltese and you all have been invaluable. I love the name brands, I love that I don't have to guess on what products that are tried and true. Thank you all.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34978
[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi the ones we use are Nature's Miracle Training Pads
You can get them at Pet Smart
This is the write up:

These highly absorbent pads make housetraining your puppy quicker and easier. Extra-thick top layer is 50% thicker than standard pads to resist tearing and retain maximum moisture. Contains special "Go Here" pheromones, a scent detected only by dogs which attracts them to the pads. Absorbs up to 100 times its volume in liquid, making it one of the most absorbent pads available. Advanced Odor Control System with Ammnia Guard delivers a long lasting, clean scent. Built-in dispose ties make clean up easy. Great for puppies, indoor pets and senior pets. Also perfect for travel and are ideal for use in pet carriers. Available in starter pack or value pack.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_det...D=1108229343273

·
Registered
522 Posts
Thanks! I remember seeing them not too long ago at PetSmart and wondered how nice they were. We purchased these because we had no idea what to get and they were the cheapest to start out with.

They work okay, Izzy seems to be using them. They are $19.99 for 100 count.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Yep we tried those too and I do use them when i can not get the others. But the other once hold a lot more water and you can fold them in half and use the other side .
As they hold the water well.

Two weeks ago we had to purchase the blue ones. I have been using them and we have 3 three of the green one's left saving them for when we take puppies out to grandparents.

our pet smart run out of the Nature's Miracle Training Pads quick.. as no other stores here sell them.

oh yeah we also had the ones that stick down to the floor. they left sticky marks on our laminate floor , thank goodness it; not hard wood...

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I just found these on the link below. It called Advance Housebreaking Pads
here is the write up:

I don't know how good it is as I have never used it... but sounds good.
If anyone has used it please let us know. They are also sented

Advance Housebreaking Pads 100 pack

Advance® training pads have unique, super absorbent crystals that transform liquid to a solid gel in seconds! The activated crystals absorb over 100 times their weight making it safe to leave the pet alone for extended hours. The special scent attracts puppies, and the 5-step training system simplifies housebreaking. Advance pads are excellent for all indoor, diabetic, incontinent and senior dogs. The plastic backing protects floors and the pads are more sanitary by preventing tracking of urine.

Quanity: 100 pack.

Size: 23" X 24"
Item - 320808
$ 22.92
Buy Up To: 5 Price: $ 22.92
Buy Up To: 9,999,999 Price: $ 20.63

http://www.dogsoutfitter.com/prodetail.asp...08&ctg=&tid=147

G

·
For inexpensive wee wee pads do a search for...cheap wee wee pads...MYLAN will come up. Been using them for years. Cheaper than the price per case that people have referred to in this thread. Great service...if you call ask for Terri.. you can mention my name..it wont get you a better price (lol) but this company's product and service are terrific and I am sure they would appreciate knowing that people refer them...and shipping (east of the missiissippi, I believe) is free and they come ups which would be my first shipping carrier , rather than the post office.
Hope this information helps someone.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Originally posted by vita@Feb 13 2005, 05:22 PM
For inexpensive wee wee pads do a search for...cheap wee wee pads...MYLAN will come up. Been using them for years. Cheaper than the price per case that people have referred to in this thread. Great service...if you call ask for Terri.. you can mention my name..it wont get you a better price (lol) but this company's product and service are terrific and I am sure they would appreciate knowing that people refer them...and shipping (east of the missiissippi, I believe) is free and they come ups which would be my first shipping carrier , rather than the post office.
Hope this information helps someone.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35148
[/QUOTE]

I checked out their site. Which ones have you tried? They had 3 or 4 different quality levels at different prices. I use the irregular ones off of ebay. They are fine for the price, but not absorbant enough that we don't track wee wee everywhere when he is done.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Feb 14 2005, 04:44 PM
Just wanted to add my comment about the "other site", I call them the Maltese Nazi's.......

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35377
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we've joked about that before...like the Seinfeld episode with the Soup Nazi

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well that would explain it then -- I registered "over there" and waited and waited to be approved. So I re-registered and tried to post a simple question and waited and waited and waited. I emailed their tech support 3 times thinking that something wasn't working right or they weren't getting my registration. I finally gave up and "accidentally" found this place. I looove this place!!! Freedom of speech is a lovely thing, not to be taken for granted. What is their deal, anyway?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Just LOVE that picture of your pup!! Yeah, I know what you mean about the legnth of time it takes to get something answered!! If I want someone censoring my posts, I'll forward them to my boss!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by _Carissa_@Jul 30 2004, 07:47 PM
Wow, $30 bucks for 50 pee pads! Geez man, that is outrageous!! I didn't know that we weren't allowed to post info like that until I joined here, and everyone was talking about the "other" site. However I did think it was ridiculous to have posts approved, and you can't post contact info! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=5904
[/QUOTE]

I've searched everywhere I can think of to find bulk pee pads... even the human ones, but I can't find them in Aus.....
And the only ones I found on ebay wouldn't post to Australia

So at the moment I have to buy them in packs of 5 from the grocery store. 50 of them would cost me $67.90 AUD!!! (That's $53.15 USD!!!!) :eek: And that's the cheapest I can find them. They are $6.70 per pack of 5 at Coles, or at the pet product store it is around $11-$12 for the same pack!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
10 cases of 200 wee wee pads($13/case), plus $105 shipping...the total for 2,000 wee wee pads: $235

around .12 cents per pad!!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts