Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why people in Florida lock their doors
This is an actual picture taken by the homeowner's neighbor.

(Picture was taken by the neighbor of a co-worker)

·
Registered
939 Posts
I used to live in Florida (the Boca/Delray area) and this kind of stuff actually happens! People in areas where there is causeway or waterway must watch their small dogs carefully!

Judi

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Oh My Gosh, that's not even funny. My girfriends sister lived there and this really happens. There are some places I think that people should not live. I could not even think of having children in florida with allegators around. What if you were just getting ready to leave for work and did not see this reptile in front of your door.

My other girfriend moved to arizona and she told me they have to shake there shoes out before they step in them because scorpian could be in them.
Before she said that we were suppost to visit her. I told her we won't be come there again. I really hate bugs, that to me that is not a bug.

·
Registered
841 Posts
:eek: need i say more... sorry folks i took the kids to disney world and on the cruise and i have to say i was wondering the same thing why would you want to live where alegators and bugs out number the people :lol: and everyone had nets around there back yards (bugs) it was crazy i would see kids swimming in the pools only they had these backyard nets around the whole yards I don't know maybe i was in the wrong part of FL

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I just got back from Florida....I also lived there for 6 months...and my brother laughed when I said "who lives in this God Forsaken place"...the bugs and the heat were just wrong.

Give me New Jersey any day.

Susan

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
AHHHHH! I remember as a kid in FL we used to go down to the river late at night to see the gators and how close we could get to them to show off basically! They never came after us though! We were lucky and we were dumb!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Chelsey, if you have never been to Arizona, it is worth the visit, very lovely there.  Mind we we love nature and outdoors and we love hiking/walking through the desert.  As for scorpians, I dont recall ever seeing any on all our camping trips in a tent and we have been there quite a number of times.  First time to AZ I was afraid to get out of the car even at a rest area, thinking a rattler would be behind every little bush hahahahahaha, since got over that fear!  Any scorpians I did see they were all in Mexico while camping.[/B]
I'm like that other person that posted about the spiders.. I really , really don't like bugs.. My friend all laugh at me sometimes because if I see a bee... I'm screaming my life away standing frozen. Spiders i run out the house. I love gardening but hate bugs... strange I know... so I do a lot of companion planting to avoid the pest. The rattlers were the other thing my friend mentioned to me... I 'm not affaid of snakes but thinking of the rattler.... No way... If she never told me about the scorpions or rattler I would have visited. Even a free ticket would not get me there... I would have to be druged. I have nightmares about mice and spiders... it just would not happen... I would be walking around feeling like something was on me all the time. I would rein everyones vacation. I would not be fun. My girlfriend has vistited three times so far since she moved away. It really does sound beautfull, but I would just be too stressed.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
We have been too a lot of times to Arizona and have not seen a scorpion yet. My daughter tho has twice. Once her shi tzu barked at something and when she looked it was a scorpion. The second time she found a dead one. If you see one you have to look for a second one. They are always in pairs.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I refused to park my car in the garage for the entire summer last year because there was a wolf spider in there and I couldn't get my kids to go in and kill it (I have one who dosen't belive in killing anything) I finally got the guy who lives across the road to come over and kill it . Now the neighbors think I nuts too.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by Angelsmom@Jul 12 2005, 01:02 PM
I refused to park my car in the garage for the entire summer last year because there was a wolf spider in there and I couldn't get my kids to go in and kill it (I have one who dosen't belive in killing anything) I finally got the guy who lives across the road to come over and kill it . Now the neighbors think I nuts too.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80657
[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad my neigbour was laughing at me too. She actually can catch the bee with her fingers... I nearly fainted.
Just before summer I spay all the upper coners off our home with spider organic spay it suppuse to get rid of them.. So far so good. I can 't remeber the name of it but it is in all the gardening stores.

Doesn't it bother you when you ask them to kill it and the catch it and try to take it outside and the spider drops and now you can't find it.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I have been known to disasemble entire rooms looking for bugs that have crawled under things. I just can't stand them. Terrible, that I can't overcome this because I have spent lots of money on bug spray over the years.

When my husband died and I had a little one at home...I had to be the brave one
Now that she is older....I always call her when she is home.

Susan

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins+Jul 12 2005, 07:24 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 12 2005, 01:26 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Angelsmom
@Jul 12 2005, 01:02 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80657

Oh those wolf spiders are horrible. Spiders I have a phobia of, so I can relate to not wanting to in the garage. You should have seen our encycopedia when I was growing up LOL full of spider guts trying to kill the darn things with the heaviest books of course.

Don't feel bad my neigbour was laughing at me too. She actually can catch the bee with her fingers... I nearly fainted.
Just before summer I spay all the upper coners off our home with spider organic spay it suppuse to get rid of them.. So far so good. I can 't remeber the name of it but it is in all the gardening stores.

Doesn't it bother you when you ask them to kill it and the catch it and try to take it outside and the spider drops and now you can't find it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80668

[/QUOTE]

hahahahaa that is like my hubby, he doesnt like to kill the spiders just dispose of them out in the yard...I always say they will find their way back!

I am curious to know what that organic spray is.

Oh just recently we had mud dabbers building a nest over our front door, hubby sprays the wasp spray at night to kill them, darn thing comes back, and starts to build another mud nest just below. Soooo I finally convince him, just scrape the mud nests down instead of sprayings.....here comes the gross part, apparently looks like the mud dabbers kill and bring in the dead spiders for the larvae to feed on or something like that..... yuckies so the mud nests were full of dead spiders and then they were all over our front step too...talk about nightmares!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80720
[/B][/QUOTE]
Oh my gosh that gross. We also have a wasp nest in our yard . We bought the bug be gone spray it kills and does a fome thing so you grab the nest and thow it away.....
That reminds me . My husband is suppost to do that tonight as tomorrow is garbage day.
I bought a bambo birds nest and put bird seed in it the only thing tha visited it was Wasp... yep that the nest. What luck I have.
P.s you should be able to get the spray at home depo or rona. it is a red and yellow bottle. I don't rember the name but somone there should be able to help you out . They don't
sell to many enviroment friendly stuff anymore so should be easy to pick out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts