Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dog peanut dont like his food.. he trys to eat the cat food does any one know why.. is it because he see the cat eating the cat food then want to do the same thing? what are some other good food out there that i can try.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
cat food is high in protein and can be very bad for your dog. it can cause pancreatitis. try putting your cat food up high to where ur dog cannot reach it. this is what i have to do. maybe if your dog doesnt have access to his food he will be more apt to eat his own.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
LOL! My dear companion furbaby who passed away this year just loved kitties--I think it's because she knew they came with cat food!!! She was the queen of stealth, sneaking the stuff whenever she could...

I think our furbabies just want what someone else has. When Sylphide was a baby, she wanted the adult dog food and they wanted the puppy food. Even now that she and Ozzy (our Chihuahua mix) are fed exactly the same thing, Ozzy is convinced that Sylphide is getting something better...*sigh*

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i have took the cat food away a long time ago but its not just the cat food he dont really like his own food. so is there any good food any one knows of. we give him can food alot but its not good for hes teeth. so im lookin for hard food and every food we try to give him he dont like we have tryed nutro and iams and eukanuba.. i think its cause he dont have a dog friend around and he sees the cat eating her food so he trys to act like them i may be wrong but it may be the food..
hmm

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
how old is ur pup? sometimes it looks like they are not eating it, but they are. doesnt take much to feed these little guys. if you have switched his food around from can and dry, he might be holding out for that can food. how long have you stuck with one food. sometimes it takes a couple of days for them to realize that thats their food and thats all they are going to get, and they will then eat it.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by SylphidesMom@Jan 1 2005, 01:50 AM
LOL!  My dear companion furbaby who passed away this year just loved kitties--I think it's because she knew they came with cat food!!! She was the queen of stealth, sneaking the stuff whenever she could...

I think our furbabies just want what someone else has.  When Sylphide was a baby, she wanted the adult dog food and they wanted the puppy food.  Even now that she and Ozzy (our Chihuahua mix) are fed exactly the same thing, Ozzy is convinced that Sylphide is getting something better...*sigh*
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26686
[/QUOTE]

You are soooo right about them wanting what the other has. I would give Kallie and Catcher a fresh Greenie each. So Kallie would go to Catcher's Greenie and he to hers. Then they would start eating. Then they would switch again and again and again!! I finally have gotten to where I give Catcher his in his play pen.

And the first thing Catcher does when I take him out of his play pen is run wildly to the kitchen to see what is in Kallie's bowl and if there is food in there he'll start gobbling.... I have to always remember to remove her bowl if there should be anything in it.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well thank you for your help i have took the cat food away and i have ben giving them less can food and putting more of my dog dry food out for him.. thank you fr your help.. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by peanut@Jan 1 2005, 05:28 AM
well i have took the cat food away a long time ago but its not just the cat food he dont really like his own food. so is there any good food any one knows of. we give him can food alot but its not good for hes teeth. so im lookin for hard food and every food we try to give him he dont like we have tryed nutro and iams and eukanuba.. i think its cause he dont have a dog friend around and he sees the cat eating her food so he trys to act like them i may be wrong but it may be the food..
hmm
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26700
[/QUOTE]

he is about 6 or 7 months now..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts