Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does Noriko like sniffing Cloud's butt while he's pooping? My bf said she did that and poop fell on her face! What a doodieface!

Why did Cloud crawl in that itty bitty space under my bookshelf? There's maybe 7 inches of space and I saw him sleeping under there. He's at least 11 lbs. I didn't even think he was capable of getting in there. Did he do it because he was sad that I wasn't paying attention to him? Or was it comfortable under there
?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Can't help you with the first.
Yuck!

As for the second question, it might be because it is "den" like. He feels safe in there. It is probably dark too. Is he crate trained? If so, you can try cover up the top and sides (not the door side) with a blanket or sheet. That will back it dark, so he might go in there when he wants to sleep.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ewwww! to the first question. I think that's right up there with "why does my little guy knock over the laundry hamper and start chewing on my undies?"! :ph34r:

I fully understand the second question. Rocco likes to hide out under the bed, which is a teeny tiny area, due to the fact that I store out of season clothes in storage boxes. I think Lexi's Mom has that answer down pat: a little den for them, where they can "get away from it all".

These little ones can be so odd

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
sprite and ellie AND gruffi try to sniff eachothers butts while they go potty. im thinking that its because they're thinking "whats happening there, why is that smelly stuff coming out of them". :lol: i know that gruffi will sniff sprites butt after she farts too. just make sure that they dont want to eat it. yuck!!

gruffi barely fits under the couch...but he likes it. and he squeezes himself there. they're den animals....so they want to be in a secure tight place, you know? we were thinking about buying a crate for gruffi...but i'm not sure he'd go in there cuz there would be a lot more room than under the couch. :wacko:

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Oct 21 2004, 03:24 PM
gruffi barely fits under the couch...but he likes it.  and he squeezes himself there.  they're den animals....so they want to be in a secure tight place, you know?  we were thinking about buying a crate for gruffi...but i'm not sure he'd go in there cuz there would be a lot more room than under the couch.  :wacko:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12850
[/QUOTE]

Gruffi can fit under a couch? HAHA. Never heard of "den animals." It's not a wooden case, it's a see through glass book shelf thingy. It really is a tight spot!

And the undies issues...*sighs* WHY!? It's so embarrassing when you have people over and there's underwear all over the place!

·
Registered
63 Posts
You too? I'm glad I'm not the only one! And how about when you have people over and they start running through the apartment with very sexy lingerie in their mouths? We should start a new thread called: "how does your Maltese embarrass you?"

·
Registered
831 Posts
Oh my gosh, the girls do that too... undies :ph34r:

and both smell eachother butt after pooping ...and sometimes Maya is smelling Daezie when daezie is doing her business :wacko:

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Sampson likes to smell Maggie while she #1's and then tries to pee on HER! he'll walk over and cock his leg on her like she is a tree

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Lissa@Oct 21 2004, 03:23 PM
Ewwww! to the first question.  I think that's right up there with "why does my little guy knock over the laundry hamper and start chewing on my undies?"!  :ph34r:

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12843
[/QUOTE]

I had been wondering if others had the "underwear problem" and it is nice to see that mine aren't the only ones totally addicted to undies.
When I try to remove mine, each grabs some material and they fight over it as I am trying to undress. They go totally nuts. I have a plastic hamper that has air holes in it and both Catcher and Kallie would stick their tongues in the holes and work and work until they got a pair of undies out of the hamper. I finally had to put the hamper in a back portion of my closet and enclose it with a baby gate across one end of it.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catchers Mom@Oct 21 2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Lissa@Oct 21 2004, 03:23 PM
Ewwww! to the first question.  I think that's right up there with "why does my little guy knock over the laundry hamper and start chewing on my undies?"!  :ph34r:

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12843

I had been wondering if others had the "underwear problem" and it is nice to see that mine aren't the only ones totally addicted to undies.
When I try to remove mine, each grabs some material and they fight over it as I am trying to undress. They go totally nuts. I have a plastic hamper that has air holes in it and both Catcher and Kallie would stick their tongues in the holes and work and work until they got a pair of undies out of the hamper. I finally had to put the hamper in a back portion of my closet and enclose it with a baby gate across one end of it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12890
[/QUOTE]

That is so funny!!! Brinkley does the same thing trying to get mine out of the holes in the laundry basket..he only wants mine and Emily's....
but still...it drives me insane!!!

He also tries to fit under the smallest things...we have an old victorola...maybe just a few inches off the ground...he commando crawls under there all the time and then "hides" :ph34r: with just his little white nose poking out...like we can't see him...
He is SO silly...we call it his spy spot....

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HAHA, the crazy thing is that they don't even care about the clean undies

Joe--Sampson's marking his territory huh?

Here's another why...Why does Cloud sleep in the most uncomfortable position ON EARTH? He has to sleep in his crate for awhile since I'm REpotty training him (are you guys tired of me saying REpotty training?). So if he sleeps on one direction, he has plenty of room to spread out. But he chooses to sleep the other way where his legs sticks out of the crate and his head rests on the side of the crate. WHY?!?!?!?

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's a good one! Here's another:

Why does Rocco insist on doing a headstand after I've harnessed him to go out? He literally plants head into the bed (floor, sofa, pile of newspaper in the kitchen to be recylcled) and starts doing a circle on it and trying to lift up his hind legs. Its the strangest thing to watch. Then, if I don't pet him, he will come try and pull my hand by "biting" my hand (like puppy nibbles -- we're having puppy redevelopment issues -- he's 4 years old) to pull it towards him to pet him. Then he really goes wild & crazy (in a happy way). This has to be one of his most endearing qualities because it is so recently developed and makes me glad to see he is no longer scared of leaving the apartment to go out in the "big bad world". The minute that harness is on, he thinks its playtime. Too cute!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi does the underwear thing too. She loves pulling things through the holes in the laundry basket. I've started to find little holes (from her little teeth) in some of my underwear and socks. I finally said enoughs enough and put the laundry basket on top of a step stool. Now she can't get to it. Yesterday she started to drag around my flannel pants by the tie.
The little $hit!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Oct 21 2004, 10:52 PM
Here's another why...Why does Cloud sleep in the most uncomfortable position ON EARTH?  He has to sleep in his crate for awhile since I'm REpotty training him (are you guys tired of me saying REpotty training?).  So if he sleeps on one direction, he has plenty of room to spread out.  But he chooses to sleep the other way where his legs sticks out of the crate and his head rests on the side of the crate.  WHY?!?!?!?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12893
[/QUOTE]

Lexi does something like that! I have an nice comfortable dog pillow in her crate for her. Most of the time she lays on the crate floor with her body molded around the pillow. :wacko: Sometimes I will catch her with her head resting on the pillow.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
When I am grooming him...Brinkley eats the hair that I have cut off... :wacko: Yuck!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Same here with their hair.

Cloud also chews up this rug and eats the fibers. He always goes through one of those coughing fits when he swallows it! WHY does he do it when he has toys!?

Lissa--the headstand move your baby does sounds soooooooo cute! I wish mine would do that!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
jongee eats her hair as well..she eats the hair that has come off ..also she eats her rubberbands i put in her hair as well..if the rubberband is off her hair she sneaks up and eats it <_<

1 - 20 of 86 Posts