Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poppy and I have gotten into a routine. Dad and Cita go to bed, and I take Poppy out for a last potty. While I am playing games or whatever, he plays with the cat and then curls up in a little bed by my desk. Once I know he is asleep, I pick him up and cuddle with him and tell him it is time to go night-night and take him back.

However, lately, he is doing something I cannot figure out. As I (slowly and quietly) get up from the desk, he looks at me. As soon as I start to pick him up, he growls ... a very low growl, but he gets more ferocious as I pick him up. I say "Oh quit" and he kisses me and lays his head on my shoulder to cuddle.

What the heck is up with that? Is he being like a little kid and getting mad because he doesn't want to go to bed?

Cornfused as usual! B)

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
117 Posts
Maybe he is trying to be rebellious because he doesn't want to go to bed yet :HistericalSmiley: I know whenever I put Butters to bed, no matter how sound asleep he is on my lap or beside me, when I go to put him in his xpen where his bed and toys are he starts whining like crazy until I walk out of the room! Might still be puppy behavior! :w00t:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Rocky does little growls when he wants something or wants to go out. He tries to talk to me. Maybe he's trying to talk to you. Listen carefully, LOL.:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I think it's that too - he is fiesty at being awakened when he is tired. Maybe you should try putting him to bed earlier (after he plays with the cat) so he doesn't go into such a deep sleep next to your desk only to have to be moved/awakened later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts