Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just met some newcomers in our area. They come here from IL. They have lots of experience in breeding shtzus (sp), poodles, and some larger breed of dogs. Right now they have 1 outside dog that stays in a chain link fence kennel built for him. They provide him shade, dog house, toys, etc. While speaking to them , I learned that they have family with malty babies. They are considering breeding malty babies. I was just wondering if I introduced them to SM if they will be welcomed here. I'm not going to let them breed with any of my babies. I've not mentioned SM to them, just wanted to see how everyone else felt. Should I invite them or just not mention it? Other than that, I don't know much about them and know nothing about their familes maltese. They seem like great people and have nothing but good intentions. All input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I think (correct me if I am wrong Scott) what he is asking is would they be "bashed" (for lack of better word) for practices others don't agree with that concern breeding and raising of their dogs.
It could be embarrassing for Scott if he invited them and they were not warmly received.

It HAS happened in the past. (the bashing I mean)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by tlunn@Sep 23 2005, 01:28 PM
I think (correct me if I am wrong Scott) what he is asking is would they be "bashed" (for lack of better word) for practices others don't agree with that concern breeding and raising of their dogs.
It could be embarrassing for Scott if he invited them and they were not warmly received.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102576
[/QUOTE]

that's EXACTLY what I am asking........ she's so much better with words than I am.

Thanks Traci!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by scottchelf+Sep 23 2005, 01:47 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Sep 23 2005, 01:28 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102576

that's EXACTLY what I am asking........ she's so much better with words than I am.

Thanks Traci!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102591
[/B][/QUOTE]

Ahhh, now I see that I didn't "read between the lines"!!

Perhaps you can tell them about SM but then maybe mention that lots of people are opinionated when it comes to breeding, neutering, etc. They could always join and stick to the innocuous topics for a while to see how they like it and before they go in to details about their breeding, etc.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Oh I read that exactly how it was taken, there would be some opinions forthcoming regarding the breeding practices and unfortunately they may take quite a bashing from some who disgree with what they may or may not be doing.
I for one think anyone should be welcome to join in here and enjoy the site and learn, make friends, share experiences and just have good fun.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I say invite them, but definitely let them know that the people are very opinionated when it comes to what they feel is the BEST for all malt babies. No matter what the difference of opinion is, every one feels the way they feel because they see that as being the best for their furbaby. This is such a great place to learn so much from, it would be ashame for you not to tell them. While it may or may not show them for not being responsible in whatever their breeding practices, it may prevent them from unknowingly doing something harmful to their babies.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Absolutely invite them, Scott. But as advised, do let them know that they will learn much about proper breeding here and that maybe they want to keep a low profile until they've lurked around and learned more about Maltese breeding and then keep their own counsel if they see a schism between their way of breeding and the ideal way of breeding.

No one on SM wants to see indiscriminate breeding just to get a cute puppy or make money. We've all learned the importance of shunt testing, DNA, etc. and if they are clueless about these things, yeah, they might get bashed for getting into Maltese breeding willy-nilly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts