Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, do your dogs actually keep those cute little shoes on? I've been wanting to get some for Bella and Harley because I don't want them to step on anything gross (or glass) in the groomer parking lot, and I haven't yet mastered the fine art of carrying two dogs at once. I finally gave in and got a stroller, which is great for long walks, but it seems silly to get it out for the three feet stroll into the groomer. Do your Malts have any issues with shoes, will they leave them on, or do they try to take them off. If you have any, what kind and where did you get them? Seems like there are a lot of different kinds at different prices, are they pretty much all the same? thanks

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I bought boots for Scooby thinking they would be good for walks in the snow. Ha, that was a joke he just hated them and refused to walk anywhere in them. I am sorry to say it is trial and error, you can buy them and try them, they may tolerate them and then they may not. I would just buy one pair first and try both with them before you buy the second pair.
As for the walk into the groomer I would suggest you simply take your pups in one at a time if the parking is so close to the door. That would solve that problem.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Kodie has booties! Yellow ones! They are little lily brand and they work great! They dont fall off and kodie doesnt seem to mind them at all. He walks around and never gets his white feet dirty! It's GREAT!
I have noticed because kodie is so boney that if I cut the leg hairs really short that the booties of course dont fit as snug and could fall off more easily... but other than that.. I just make sure I have the volcro tight and thats it!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I'm not going to even try...Paris doesn't like anything on her that covers her legs. I barely get her to wear the harness vests.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by steponme@Sep 21 2005, 03:21 PM
I don't think that Macy will were shoes. She barely wears bows that I put in her hair. Where do you get dog shoes ?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101821
[/QUOTE]

The ones I'm looking at are at Trixie and Peanut, and I think Glamour Dog and some other places have them too. I just can't decide if they would wear them or not

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Abbey detests them! I have tried letting her get used to just 2 on at a time. She walks around like she has gum stuck to the bottom of her feet. I wish she would wear them since she goes outside to potty and she hates wet grass, too!
I got mine from Target for under $10.00, (they're pink), so at least I'm not out much.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I got the pink ones from Target also. The first time I put them on Bella she gave me a dirty look. I took her outside though so she would be distracted. Worked like a charm. Within minutes she was strutting her stuff. We've easily gotten our ten dollars worth. Plus now I know she will wear them. Maybe try some cheap ones or see if you can return them if they won't wear 'em. I say definitely give shoes a try. They're too cute not to.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Frosty has the pink Target shoes as well!!! But you talk about somebody giving you some go to HE!! looks. She walked around lifting her feet almost above her head. It was hillarious! But since the vet decided Frosty was allergic to grass, it isn't like we have much use for shoes.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
If I were you, I would purchase a cheap pair at first. After working with Puddles for 3 months, I finally got all 4 on. Then he would not walk, laid down. We may try again soon, since the winter is coming. But if they don't work, I only have $25 in them - could have been worse.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I live where it snows and gets cold, so last winter I had to buy Molly some boots. It got so cold that she couldn't make it out the door hardly to piddle before her feet would start to hurt. She would flop over in the snow and just look at me as if saying, "ouch, mommy, take me in." The first pair that I bought, I had to return because they were just to stiff on her little feet. She wouldn't even try to walk in them. I bought her Dickens closet, tuffy fleece boots from Petco and they worked great and Molly did great in them. They have velcro straps and stay on pretty well with the exception of one falling off just a few times, but I think she realized what they were doing for her when the snow wasn't biting her paws with them on anymore. I was ready to get back indoors before she was once she got the boots. She's made me laugh when she picks her feet way up high as well when she first gets them on.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Peanut has muttlucks, I think that's what they're called. It was so snowy here last winter and he just loved playing in the snow, so I figured why not? He can pull them off himself when he wants to, and he also does his little floppy dance for the first few steps, but after that he's fine with it. Never tried any of the cute little booties though.

OMG!! I can just picture Scrappy coming out with a boot in his mouth
What a clever one!!

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Toby has the $10 boots from Target. He will wear them, but he isn't happy about it. Honestly, I think he walks weird in them and I worry more about him tripping and getting hurt more than I worry about him stepping on glass or something. He really only wears them around the house when I want a chuckle or am taking pictures.

If you do want to purchase some, I would suggest the ones from Target, this way if they don't like them, you aren't out much money.

If you are worried about your two little ones stepping on something in the parking lot, maybe put on in a carrier that you can put over your shoulder and carry the other one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.