Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audrey goes in for her spay tomorrow morning and any positive vibes would be so much appreciated, I am worried for our little girl.
I'll let you know how she does tomorrow evening, fingers crossed all goes well.
Thanks, Vikki

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Vikki, I had both Sassy and Sadie spayed on the same day. Everything was fine, though they did react a little differently. Audrey will be fine. I'll be watching the boards until you write in!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
awww! dont worry! and dont be worried that she might hate you. LOL. when i went to pick up sprite...she didnt want me touching her.
i thought she'd never forgive me! but after a few hours she wanted me to give her kisses.

just have an area ready for her when you bring her home. and make sure you always give her a chance to go potty. see if she needs to go right when she gets home.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
aww good luck audrey! i know she will do just fine. she will be back to her usual self in no time

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Thoughts coming your way. I know how you feel.... Try not to worry too much..... she'll be fine... keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Feb 14 2005, 08:51 AM
Audrey will be fine! 
It's harder on us than it is on the little fluffers!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35248
[/QUOTE]
Best wishes to you and Audrey! I think I know how you are feeling right now as Belle will be getting spayed tomorrow too. I'm sure both our babies will be fine but wanted to wish you well and let you know I'm thinking of you. We can both look forward to posting happy notes that our babies are doing just fine in spite of our being a little nervous. I'll be looking forward to your post. P.S. Did you buy Audrey a onesie to wear after surgery as so many on another site did and have recommended? I'm still undecided but will probably pick up a couple just in case.
Best Wishes ~ Jackie & Belle

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I hope all is well. 100's of XOXO's from ButterCloud and Noriko.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Any word on Audrey yet? Hope all went well. Is she coming home tonight?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Tell Audrey for me that I was spayed too and it really wasn't all that bad !! We send our prayers for a safe surgery and speedy recovery....

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Good luck and lots of xoxoxo's!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been calling and calling, and I can go and pick her up at 6pm. She has been there ALL day, poor little mite.

She had 4 baby teeth removed as well as the spay. According to the vet she is recovering well. I am still so worried about her, I thought I was vey practical about these things, but I actually cried when I left her this morning!!
My husband thought something awful had happened.

They didn't operate on her until after lunch - must admit I wish they had done it earlier, it's a long day for a 3.5lb puppy who hasn't eaten anything since midnight the day before. Just feel so bad for her!

I will let everyone know how she does post op - I just can't wait to have her home again, and yes, I have a onesie for her to wear at night to stop her licking the stiches.

Thanks so much for the thoughts and good luck to everyone having their babies spayed in the next few days!
Vikki.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Vikki,
My dogs came home from the vet with a surgical towel around their mid section, tied on with a piece of stocking. I guess they used it for pressure. They removed it the next morning when they checked the incision. Sassy didn't bother her stitches, but Sadie tried to lick. I got a piece of 3 inch gauze and wrapped it about her, tying it on top her her back. It covered the incision and was light weight enough for her not to be bothered by it. It also kept me from having to remove it every time she needed to potty. If Audrey doesn't like the onsie, but is licking, try the gauze.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Vikki and Audrey@Feb 14 2005, 04:59 PM
I have been calling and calling, and I can go and pick her up at 6pm. She has been there ALL day, poor little mite.

She had 4 baby teeth removed as well as the spay. According to the vet she is recovering well. I am still so worried about her, I thought I was vey practical about these things, but I actually cried when I left her this morning!!
My husband thought something awful had happened.

They didn't operate on her until after lunch - must admit I wish they had done it earlier, it's a long day for a 3.5lb puppy who hasn't eaten anything since midnight the day before. Just feel so bad for her!

I will let everyone know how she does post op - I just can't wait to have her home again, and yes, I have a onesie for her to wear at night to stop her licking the stiches.

Thanks so much for the thoughts and good luck to everyone having their babies spayed in the next few days!
Vikki.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35382
[/QUOTE]

Be sure she gets some nourishment tonight... it has been so long since she ate. I believe there is a thread on here about what to feed after surgery.... I believe it was posted by JMM.... I'll try to find it....

EDIT:</span> Here is the info... you might find this thread helpful:

http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1732

<span style="color:red">FROM JMM: I would feed something soft. If you don't have canned dog food, boiled chicken with white rice is nice and bland as well as soft.

You can feed her a small amount tonight. If she is not interested, I wouldn't be surprised. If she eats well, she can have more an hour or so later.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Man, half of us cried because of the surgery! Don't feel embarrassed. You will find you will be able to laugh about this later after she is well and strong again.
Take care!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts