Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't usually tell people I'm going for a new job, because if I don't get it I will feel like a loser, but everyone is so nice here I want you guys to know whether I get it OR not!

Well its a job as an assistant to an Insurance Underwriter... I work in travel now, and I was at the gas station and this man gives me his card, he says he thinks I would be great at the job. SO I am on my way to take my resume up there. It sounds fun, and quite easy and it pays more. Exactly what I need while I am still going to school. Plus a career change would be great right about now!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
GOOD LUCK! If you guys already hit it off, then I'm sure the odds are with you.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Gosh, maybe I am paranoid but I would be careful.... why would he think you would be good at that job.... Did he ask you about your work experience, etc.? Just make sure someone else is there when you go for the interview..... it could be totally on the up and up but ........

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Apr 6 2005, 06:29 PM
Gosh, maybe I am paranoid but I would be careful.... why would he think you would be good at that job.... Did he ask you about your work experience, etc.? Just make sure someone else is there when you go for the interview..... it could be totally on the up and up but ........
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49844
[/QUOTE]
Yes.I agree be carefull,sounds kinda funny.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Originally posted by sheila2182+Apr 6 2005, 07:34 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Apr 6 2005, 06:29 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49888
[/B][/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. I think it is age that makes us wary in my 20's I would have been all for it now. I wouldn't even consider it.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina+Apr 6 2005, 09:38 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2005, 07:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Apr 6 2005, 06:29 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49888

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. I think it is age that makes us wary in my 20's I would have been all for it now. I wouldn't even consider it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49921
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yep.... Age (& experience) makes us "older" ladies a little more cautious. I remember once when I was in my 20s replying to an ad in the paper to work at a recording company. Funny thing is that I don't think there are any recording companies in the town I live in!

The interview was at a hotel in a hotel room. When I got to the hotel luckily the guy was not there! And I went home. Now that I think about it, I must have been totally nuts! It never even occurred to me at the time that he could be a total creep, rapist, psycho, etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts