Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the start of the new school year approaching, my dreams of getting a teaching job this year seemed to be diminishing. My good friend just e-mailed me to tell me that there is an opening at the school where she teaches and they are doing interviews this week. So I am going early this morning to drop off an application and hopefully set up an interview.

I graduated from the teaching program in December of 2003 and didn't find a job--very disappointing. In fact, I graduated in a class of 66 people and only three found jobs right away (my friend being one) and to date, only 7 have teaching jobs.

Anyway, I think I have a really good chance at this job...my friend is really good friends with the principal (she was her cooperating teacher) and she has given the principal some background information about me and the principal told her to tell me about the job opening!

So wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Good Luck Nicole!!!
What grade are you looking to teach? I have two friends who are teachers. Actually one of them is subbing and is looking for a permanent position. I'm hoping this works out for you!!!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
how exciting for you! we wish you the best of luck! I know u will do great!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I know you have been waiting a long time for an opportunity like this to arrive!!! Good luck and think positive thoughts!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just went and hand delivered my resume, cover letter and all other essential papers. Hopefully that will speed up the process some.

My friend just told me that the principal ask about me and if I had found a job yet--so that seems promising. She also said that the principal said it is all about WHO you know. I'm not sure what that really means, but I am taking it as a good sign.

Now I am just waiting for a call to set up an interview. :D

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Aug 16 2005, 01:06 PM
I just went and hand delivered my resume, cover letter and all other essential papers.  Hopefully that will speed up the process some. 

My friend just told me that the principal ask about me and if I had found a job yet--so that seems promising.  She also said that the principal said it is all about WHO you know.  I'm not sure what that really means, but I am taking it as a good sign.

Now I am just waiting for a call to set up an interview.  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=91057
[/QUOTE]

Woohoo!!
I hope everything works out. Good luck!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Best of luck with your job seach! Forgive my ignorance, but is there a shortage of teacher jobs everywhere, or just in your state? Since my children are no longer in school I don't keep up with these things.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yay!!! geez, i havent spoken to you in forever! well...it feels like forever. LOL

well, on the interview, dont tell them that you believe in physically punishing children---some people view that as a bad thing.

LOL!!! i soo hope you get the job! im crossing my fingers for you.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts