Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Im afraid its true to a certain extent it seems there are plenty of malts in need of rehoming

but the money matter is not they are usually more costly they have been rejected and have all sorts of problems and diaseases that have never been treated ect that the cost of getting a healthy puppy amounts to the same :lol:

but you can always ask them why don't they adopt children in need cause there so many out there needing a good home too.

anyway mine are rescue oldies and I have had them for less than two months they drive me to despair at times but the rewards overcome it and the love in return is great!!!!!!!!

I have learned a litlle trick in life some things people say go in one ear and goes out the other does not stay in between the second time around this tactic makes life much much less stressfull

you can always adopt a litlle girl to keep your litlle boy company

·
Registered
382 Posts
Tell them YES! and let me tell you.....money can buy happiness! To be honest, you wanted a malt and that's what you bought! I get problems from people freaking when they find out out much I paid for mine. I tell them that I think of my dogs as my furkids and yes I do have grown kids and grandkids. If you pay 1000 for a dog in just a few years time it adds up to pocket I love and that makes me happy. It's my money so they shouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I had the same problem with a very close friend of mine and we are not friends over this issue , she was annoyed with me that i spent all this money on Maxi whom she has never met and that i didnt get him from rescue
I basically said to her that Maxi needed a home too and she needed to mind her own business with that we got into a heated fight and she said lets not discuss this when it comes to Maxi we won't talk about it i said no my dear we won't talk at all than , to me Maxi is ,my furbaby and it was insulting to me... I also added the fact that one of the reasons her husband divorced her was because she put all her beliefs on him she is a vegan and he wasnt she pushed and pushed until she pushed him right out the door so the way i look at it you may have a certain opinion and thats fine but learn how to voice it
anyone who doesnt like my Maxi doesnt like me
and it goes for my boyfriend he either appreciates the love and caring for my furbaby or he is out the door
anyway thats my story

·
Registered
346 Posts
I am asked the same thing. My husband got it mostly from his family. He just told them until they had our babies, they would never understand.

I agree totally 100% with luvmypupster...my children are grown..these are my BABIES and I enjoy them to the utmost. I go to work, think about them all day, can't wait to get home to them. I spent every free minute I have with them. They are simply my world.

I HAVE adopted from the SPCA so I honestly dont' think it is a justifiable question to even be asking me. And at times, I do take a bit of insult to the question because, I have rescue from the SPCA, Buddy, Morgan my Maltese, is as far as I am concerned was a rescue, from a pet store, he was on his way out if I hadnt' grabbed him up, the only one who I bought simply as a purchase was my Yorkie, Bailey. I mean, he wasn't a whim or anything, it was thought out, but he was like everyone else who buys a dog, you buy him cuz you want him.

I look at them all in the same light and love them all the same. Some people buy cars and swimming pools and big screen tvs and such, so we just chose to buy a dog. That was our preference and our desire.

Luvmypupster hit it right on the head, you can't put a price tag on LOVE. What we put into them, we get back over and over and is worth everything to us.

I'm sorry, not trying to get on a soapbox, but is really any of their business to start with?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Geeze....I am glad no one has said that too me.

I'll start thinking of a good response though....hmmmm....

A breeder on MO once posted with a good response.....(I am paraphrasing here) "You can buy diamonds at Walmart or at Tiffany's. You get what you pay for."

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I've said really bad stuff when people say stuff like that to me. Honestly, it's none of their business. You know? But some of things I've said is:

"i wouldn't want a mutt like yours" or "I didnt want to get a dog from the shelter because I didn't want anything 'used'"

the real reason: I honestly didnt think I'd find a maltese at a shelter. And I didn't find www.petfinder.com until recently. all of us have decided that the next dog we get (which will probably be a long time from now) i'm going to get from a shelter. and my mom is super crazy about malts--so it will probably be a malt. lol.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Goodness! I can't imagine having to defend my purchases to anyone but myself and my husband. I loved the answer about adopting children. That's a good one because so many people have children you can simply answer "Do you have children?" and, assuming the answer is yes, say "With so many children in foster homes and orphanages why didn't you adopt?". That answer may be "Because I wanted an infant to raise and only older children were available". Ohhhh, you've really got them stuttering and stumbling around there!

J

·
0 Posts
I to have people ask me why I would pay for a dog when I can get one for free. As far as I am concerned it is my money and I can spend it as I see fit and I don't have to justify it to anyone. I have learned to keep my mouth shut about how much I have spent for my baby. I told one of my coworkers and she was not happy I was spending so much money "on just a dog when I could spend my money on causes that deserved the money." She is very upset with me. I don't ask her how much money she spends on the 3 vacations she takes a year (the vacations are from 1 to 2 weeks each) and I am sure that she spends some money on those vacations. I think she is just jealous but I can't tell her that, but wish I could.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts