1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woman Spends 3 Hours In Woods For Dumping Kittens
Cold, Snow Forces Woman Back To Cell

UPDATED: 2:02 pm EST November 24, 2005

PAINESVILLE, Ohio -- Cold and snow forced an Ohio woman sentenced to spend a night in the woods for dumping 33 kittens back to jail.

Michelle Murray, 25, a former animal rescuer, was convicted of animal cruelty last month.

Judge Michael Cicconetti sentenced Murray to spend the night in the woods without food or light. He said he wanted her to feel the same pain as the kittens she neglected.

Murray spent about three hours in the woods before she was allowed to go back to a cell.

She will now finish her 15-day jail sentence.

Murray said family problems forced her to abandon the kittens. Park rangers originally found 33 kittens, but many have since died.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Personally, I hope they sentence her to 1 year per offense (each kitten being an offense) to prison without the possibility of parole. It makes me so mad to see how people abuse their children and also any kind of animal.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Personally, I hope they sentence her to 1 year per offense (each kitten being an offense) to prison without the possibility of parole. It makes me so mad to see how people abuse their children and also any kind of animal.[/B]

·
Registered
571 Posts
I am so fed up with the legal system. They need to start really handing down punishments that are suitable to the crime instead of just giving a little slap on the wrist. It seems to matter much more now how the criminal feels then how the person or creature feels. It just makes me so angry .

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
That is so sad, poor little babies. Makes me want to cry.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
That is so sad for those poor defenceless kittens, the punishment surely does not fit the crime. I agree she should have been given a year for each little kitten she dumped

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
too bad that punishment wasnt served this morning. painesville got lots of snow and flurries and COLD. right in the snowbelt and they got some EXCELLENT lake effects snow... meh. last night was cold and horrible as well.

i cant stand people who find it okay to "dump" animals. arrrrgghhh.....

ann marie and the "even i dont like them and wouldnt ask them for belly rubs" buttercup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.