Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so stressed I have to go to the ghetto to wash my comforters.
Although I have the extra large machine, it's really not big enough for comforters to swish around and wash really good. Wonder why the ghetto is the only neighborhoods with laundry matts? People in good neighborhoods have things to wash sometimes too. I'm always afraid of catching some kind of nasty desease. What do you do with your comforters? I use to dry clean until I found out they could be washed.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I hate to admit this but.....

I have a comforter in the back of my car.

It's been there 10 months b/c I HATE to go those places.

I just throw a light comforter on the bed, bagged the big one put in the car.

I keep saying I am going to do it.. but haven't

I guess after all this time, I don't need it.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts

Reminds me of a song Eric Cartman sang.
Elvis too.

I'd assume there are more in downtown or
urban environs due to the whole city crowded
kinda thing. More apts stuff like that.
Have you checked the phone book to locate one
nearer to home?

You can always take your gat in case you need to
pop a cap in someones a** for touching your laundry.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
The laundry mat in my town has drop off service. For a fee I can leave my comforter and they will wash, dry and fold it for me and then I just go in later in the day and pick it up. I think I pay $20 for a king comforter and this includes the detergent and price of the machines. Hanging out at the laundry mat isn't my idea of a fun day, so this works out really good for me.

The other alternative would be having your dry cleaner launder the comforter in their industrial size machine (wash, not dry clean). Have you asked about the cost for that?

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
lol. We have a laundrymat in a nearby town and it's a NICE town--but you walk in to the place and it's like you're in the ghetto! LOL! And I'm not knocking ghettos--I practically grew up in one, lol. Anyway, I keep my comforter in a duvet cover so I only have to wash it once a year. The duvet gets washed bi-weekly. That's my solution. Actually, the comforter has TWO duvets on it--an allergy proof one first (which is very plain), and a more decorative one on top of that. Ain't no soils getting on my comforter, lol. My kids, which are twin sized, are small enough for my washing machine. So I bring my comforter to the nice ghetto laundry mat (lol) once a year and just tough it out. Bring a few cans of new tennis balls to throw in the giant dryer to help redistribute the fluff, etc.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hate to admit this but.....

I have a comforter in the back of my car.

It's been there 10 months b/c I HATE to go those places.

I just throw a light comforter on the bed, bagged the big one put in the car.

I keep saying I am going to do it.. but haven't

I guess after all this time, I don't need it.
[/B]

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Yeah, it's kind of weird about laundromats. I know what you mean, and I don't mean any offense to anyone, as I'm sure you didn't either! Every laundromat I've been to has been in a very snooty little town -- one was in my college town (snoot central, rich Christians can be an interesting bunch!!!
) and one is in the nearby outlet town (another snoot central) up here. And yet, as soon as you walk in the door, you kind of feel like you have to look over your shoulder!
Our apt. complex has a little on-site laundry room so I'll just go there until we buy our own!!

Hmmm. I like that drop-off service idea. I must admit to disliking housework, laundry included. We got a flyer yesterday for a housekeeping service. It said "THE WRONG PEOPLE ARE CLEANING YOUR HOUSE" to which I, of course, snorted and said, "Yeah -- me!"

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The laundry mat in my town has drop off service. For a fee I can leave my comforter and they will wash, dry and fold it for me and then I just go in later in the day and pick it up. I think I pay $20 for a king comforter and this includes the detergent and price of the machines. Hanging out at the laundry mat isn't my idea of a fun day, so this works out really good for me.

The other alternative would be having your dry cleaner launder the comforter in their industrial size machine (wash, not dry clean). Have you asked about the cost for that?[/B]

We used to have a place where you could drop stuff off and pick it up later in the day, but they're closed for remodeling right now. I have used the dry cleaner, but they keep it for a whole week and I want it clean now and back on my bed, I'm attached to it.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Every laundry mat, I've ever been in, was a dump. They were filthy, with a thousand kids running around. The kids would have food and sodas, which was slopping all over the floor. The carts were dirty, and used as little cars for the kids to push each other around in.

I would either drop it off at the cleaners, for them to wash, or throw it out

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

What are you planning on doing at the laundry mat that makes you think you will contract some disease?
And what sort of disease do you think you can catch by walking into a place or using a machine?

I take my comforters to the dry cleaners and ask them to wash them -- in their huge washing machines. They can do laundry at most dry cleaners, not just dry cleaning.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
ahah... well, i don't have a laundry matt in my town (we're talking trees, fields and cows here). i have to go a few towns over to the NICE one. LOL! the town i'm moving to has one right at the end of my street! it's not bad, just small. there is never anyone in it when i go, but the BIG machines are always “out of service”! wth? so, instead i just go to the one in the other town. when i move, intend to lodge complaints to the owner to get the *@#* machines taken care of.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Can someone please tell me what a duvet cover is? Martha Stewart always talks about them but doesn't explain what they are.
[/B]
I believe "duvet" is French for down. The down comforter is a "duvet". So a duvet cover, is the cover for the down comforter. Like a huge pillow case

·
Premium Member
16,776 Posts

What are you planning on doing at the laundry mat that makes you think you will contract some disease?
And what sort of disease do you think you can catch by walking into a place or using a machine?[/B]

Exactly. Personally I find the subject of this thread, "ghettos" to be insensitive. Not all of us lead privileged lives.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts