Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has heard from Scott Chelf who started the Secret Santa this year. I know that a tornado went through Kentucky and haven't seen him on since.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Oh man...I didn't even think about that...
I wonder too....
He told me once which part of KY he was in...but darn I can't remember....

I even mailed him those clothes he bought from Brink...but shoot...can't remember!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Isn't he from Paducah? Was that one of the areas that was hit? I hope not...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Nov 8 2005, 11:03 AM
Isn't he from Paducah?  Was that one of the areas that was hit?  I hope not...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=117956
[/QUOTE]

No, I think it was a small town b/w Paducah and Louisville area...

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
His info says he is in Campbellsville. I don't know enough about Kentucky to know where that is. He was last on on Nov. 6 @ 7:55 p.m.

Hopefully, he and his family are okay and he is just really busy right now.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I wanna say it is around the Elizabethtown area...?!
Maybe Campbellsville?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know for sure that is is Campbellsville but I don't know if that is any where near where the tornado hit. I am really not to familar with Kentucky at all. I sure hope that he and his family are ok

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I found this on cnn.com...

"Four people were injured when high winds overturned their mobile home near Campbellsville, about 45 miles southwest of Harrodsburg, around 5:30 a.m. Sunday EDT, according to a Taylor County Emergency Management dispatcher. The winds downed power lines, and damaged several barns and outbuildings."

It seems they only got high winds. With everthing Scott is involved with I'm hoping that he is just super busy helping everyone.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I think the tornado did most of the damage in Indiana from memory, it apparently hit in Kentuky then jumped the river back into Indiana. We were watching those storms here that night because there were watches out all afternoon and until 10pm that night just south of us here in Illinois. Three of our neighboring counties just south of us were all on tornado watch. We had one big storm go through but no damage here, they must have passed through into the other two states later that night. It was terrible, those poor people had very little warning and when they did it was too late to get away.

If Scott was on the 6th in the PM then that was later in the day after it hit basically so I would say he must be ok. I sure hope so.

I just checked and Scott is in Campbelsville and he works for emergency services so he could be rather busy helping out.

He was on last on the 6th at 8.55pm which I think was after the storms.

·
Registered
478 Posts
awwww... thanks gang!!! Glad to know that I am thought of so dearly.

Yeah, I'm OK!!!! Been busy. Was at work when the Tornados hit. The closest that hit to my home was in Munfordville, KY (Hart Co.), which is just 2 counties over from me, about 25-30 miles West. I was keeping my eye on that baby because it was headed straight for our neighboring county. But it veered off more to the North just prior to dying down. We had no local damage except for some power outages, downed power lines, telephone disruptions, and trees/limbs down. Just minor things like that.

Mom-in-law been staying with us

Ashton's babysitter is in the hospital---has been there since Thursday night---- I've been keeping him and doing a lot of fun things with him. We took his babysitter some carnations and a get well soon card. In the mean time, He's really got close to our babysitter's daughter......she's 23 and really good with kids, but Ashton never seemed to want much to do with her til here lately.

Got new carpet put in our house----looks so good.

Thinking about getting into the carpet business myself.

I've only had a few emails from you with questions for your match---- figured I'd of had more.

Thanks again for wondering about me!!! But, I'm alright

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Originally posted by scottchelf@Nov 8 2005, 01:54 PM
I've only had a few emails from you with questions for your match---- figured I'd of had more. 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118010
[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you are okay. I started a new thread for the Christmas exchange participants. I thought that if we could just put down sizes and needs then maybe you wouldn't be bombarded with emails. Hope that was okay with you.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Originally posted by paris+Nov 8 2005, 03:02 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-scottchelf
@Nov 8 2005, 01:54 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118010
Glad to hear you are okay. I started a new thread for the Christmas exchange participants. I thought that if we could just put down sizes and needs then maybe you wouldn't be bombarded with emails. Hope that was okay with you.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118013
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's fine with me!!!!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm sorry that you were missed. I don't know many people in the States and it just happened that I knew that Scott lived in Kentucky. I am very glad that you are ok.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Originally posted by Angelsmom@Nov 8 2005, 08:02 PM
I'm sorry that you were missed. I don't know many people in the States and it just happened that I knew that Scott lived in Kentucky. I am very glad that you are ok. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118099
[/QUOTE]

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... wonder how she knew that

maybe she is my secret Santa

1 - 20 of 23 Posts