Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Just seeing this thread, my little puppy is maltese x shihtzhu - he is mainly white with a little bit of grey/brown on his ears and a little patch nearer his bum but also he has a maltese looking face. I'm just wondering if my little one will get that big, I've no idea and have been wondering this. Will have to wait and see I suppose :)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Maizy also has a little bit of shihzu in her but i dont think you can tell as she is all white and very maltese!! The breeder could have lied to me and sold her as a full maltese and i probably wouldnt have known!! Thankfully she was honest with me!!

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Just seeing this thread, my little puppy is maltese x shihtzhu - he is mainly white with a little bit of grey/brown on his ears and a little patch nearer his bum but also he has a maltese looking face. I'm just wondering if my little one will get that big, I've no idea and have been wondering this. Will have to wait and see I suppose :)
Hi! You might want to make a separate thread to ask this question because you may get more responses that way!

When you say 'that big' what are you referring to? How big is he now? How old is he? Lots of things factor in!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hi! You might want to make a separate thread to ask this question because you may get more responses that way!

When you say 'that big' what are you referring to? How big is he now? How old is he? Lots of things factor in!
How big sorry not 'that big' is what I meant. Only because he is not fully maltese so I often wonder what size he will be when fully grown. At the moment he is 4 months old and when weighed around 3 weeks ago he was 4 pounds. I'll make another thread later on :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I was guessing maltese/ yorkie, she looks just like my boys littermates. They have the same parti coloring. Many morkies get the parti yorkie coloring. My two are the only ones out of 12 pups (different litters) that were not parti colored. Here is a picture of bears litter, Teddy's litter his brothers are black and white like yours. Personality wise, you can get some of each breed, my teddy has more of a terrier personality but bear acts and looks all maltese except colored like traditional yorkie

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
My Lily's mom was a 9 lb. shihtzu and her dad a 5 lb. Maltese. She is 7 months old and weighs 9 lbs. Your pup sure is a cutie! :wub:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
She's a cutie pie she's 100% "purebred adorable"...
Looks Maltese Shihtzu or possible yorkie or poodle in the mix..

You can get a DNA test for about $75, which could help in case of any breed specific health issues,it's always good to know.

It's not a requirement to have a Maltese here.. many of us have other breeds.. We just love dogs, that's all that counts..

Love her photobombing in the middle pix.
Hope to see more of the both of you!

Welcome and hugs

·
Registered
7 Posts
When we first got her, the people we got her from told us she was a maltese. Recently, I started doing a bit more research on this breed and I read that they normally only exist in white or with patches of brown.

Lucky is black and white. She looks like a maltese. Could she possibly be a mix?
Here she is! Don't mind me, haha.
Hi question is do you love your dog and does she love you? If so then it doesn't matter but I can tell you straight up Maltese dogs come only in white. I hope you didn't pay alot for her because another thing Maltese are very expensive and come with a pedigree. Let me expalin the colur thing. This breed is very old. They made their way from the Far East and ended up in the Mediterranean hence Maltese dog or Terrier named after Malta my country.. At the height of the roman empire 2000 years ago they were already popular with Roman ladies who carried them around in their arms. The Romans considered the colour white as divine meaning it was the colour of the gods and they began to breed only white maltese. The brown version as far as I know is not recognised by any Kennel club neither in the States nor in Europe. You can find all this on Wikipaedia but I hope I gave you some insight into their fascinating history. Either way if your dog makes you happy who cares right? I would say there's a touch of Shitzu there.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
LOL very old thread. I just wanted to say I DNA tested Zooey just out of curiosity to see if she was purebred, and she indeed is. We did the Wisdom Panel.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts