Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harley is wearing a cone after his neutering. He can still reach the incision & is licking it. We have tried everything & he won't stop.That was the whole purpose of wearing this silly looking thing. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
A few suggestions I've read/received:

*The Bite Not collar
*A baby onesie that completely covers it up.
*Wrap gauze around it

Sorry I can't help more
Poor Harley. Hope you figure somethingyou

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Harleysmom@Mar 11 2005, 08:52 PM
Harley is wearing a cone after his neutering. He can still reach the incision & is licking it. We have tried everything & he won't stop.That was the whole purpose of wearing this silly looking thing. Any suggestions?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42373
[/QUOTE]

Get a Bite Not Collar from your vet. If yours doesn't have one, see if others in your town carry them. I had the same problem with Catcher and I'm telling you, this contraption is a miracle!!! Bite Not Web Site

Here's Catcher wearing the collar:

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
sounds like he didnt get the right size cone...did u get it from the vet? i would ask them if u could exchange it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they actesd like this was the smallest size they had. It's a size 12.5-whatever that means. I don't think they had any other kind. What kind of damage could he do to his incision? He doesn't have any stitches.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
he can make it infected. he has bacteria in his mouth that can get into the incision. if u cant go get another towel..i think it was picos parent that said a folded towel wraped around the neck can act like a bite not collar...u just have to make sure u find a good way to attatch it and not too tight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts