Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I applied last night for this little girl.. I could hardly believe it when today I got the call that I had been approved.!!! Lady said it was one of the 'easiest" she has ever had! LOL

Here is the link to see little Nadia: (hope it works!)
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgiaction=2&p...w=0&tmpl=&stat=

Little Nadia was rescued from a shelter in SC. The woman said , as was stated in her profile, she was so matted she couldn't even walk!! And she had maggots and roaches living under the mats eatin off her flesh!!! Poor dear little girl!!!!
yes she said they had to sedate her to shave her and treat her for the "beasties" living off her.
She had also tested positive for heartworm but has been treated and on the monthly Heartgard now. The vet said her heart was fine.
They think maybe 2 but acts more like 1yr old.. loves to play.. loves people, goes to dog park and is very social with the dogs. Fine with cats.
She likes stuffed animals that are bigger than her LOL.. and carries one around all the time.
She's a real "chow-hound"..loves her food!!
The one issue is she has mild separation anxiety. she's not destructive but will whine when left. The woman and I think this can be dealt with once nadia can feel secure in a forever home. Apparently she has been sifted about a lot in her short life. I will work on that right away conditioning her to the very short absences and returning.. and working up to longer periods. It is rare she will be left alone but I want her to feel secure about the few times she is.
I truly was shocked to get the "OK" so fast!! I only applied online last night! but luckily all my references were home today.. and I guess our vet reference was extremely good.
We go to see her tomorrow and barring any surprises we can bring her home!!!! About an hour and half from us..
Just wanted to let you all know.
I miss my little Missy so much and my life, house and heart is so empty without her.. my taking this little rescue is really a tribute to Missy.. because I feel if we can do this to help this little nadia and if we can get back even a portion of the enrichment Missy gave us.. we'll feel so very blessed!
Will let you know how it goes!
Terry and my sweet Angel Missy ( and soon to be my Nadia)

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
oh WOW, what a story and a kind heart you have, sounds like she has been looking for you

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Well, here I am boo-hooing!! This time from happiness!! I sure hope everything works out. You are the total ultimate Malt Mommy and any rescue org. is very, very lucky to have you take one of their babies. Thanks for sharing this with us and please keep us posted!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts

How very exciting for you and the precious pup!!!!
Can't wait to see her!!!!!!! (I couldn't get the link to work either)

·
Registered
4,515 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Oh gosh this is great news, little Nadia could not be luckier....and she'll have sweet Missy as her guardian angel. You are a real hero to me!
She's a pretty little baby too!

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, Joe.. and Kallie and Catchers Mom for posting the link/photo of little Nadia.

I think when her coat is grown out and cared for she'll be a really cute little one. I can see the "bows" in her hair already!

I still miss my little Missy I always will.. she was my special little baby( Ok tears are coming") so better stop..

But though I was so sure I should just get a "good" breeder pup.. Mikey was 'presented to me" and waiting in the wings and I couldn't put him out of my head... then, too, I couldn't justify at this time with the katrina disaster.. indulging myself when the money could be used to help so so many... I KNEW the breeder pup would get a good home. but so so many now are in need.. how could I ?
I met Mikey.. fell in love with him.. and was supposed to pick him up on Sunday.. but family changed their mind the last minute.. so that was that.
I cried a lot that day.. thinking why was 'tease" dangled befoe me when it was only to be taken away..it was then I felt I was meant to search out a rescue.. saw little Nadia.. and that was that..
I had really thought Mikey was the one that was "meant to be"... and I think he was...
I think Mikey was "meant to be" to stir up my yearning to bring another pooch into my life. He was the catalyst I needed.. to get in active search for that one special dog God wanted me to have.
All my dogs have come to me in 'round about ways". This was a bit more emotional than the others but as long as the end result is as planned that is all that matters.
I thank you all for your "Good Wishes!!
Terry and my sweet Angel Missy ( and soon to be little Nadia)

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

Congrats to both of you!!!!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
awwww... i'm always happy to hear of people rescuing pups with no homes... always makes me smile!
Congrats!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I am so excited for you and your husband and, of course, Nadia! She sure is one lucky pup! I can't imagine a more perfect home for a rescue!

What a story that little girl has! It never ceases to amaze me how the most wonderful dogs and cats end up homeless in shelters through no fault of their own. My 3 (Lady and 2 Siamese) were all abandoned by their former owners. I wish those people could see would incredible pets they are today. I just can't understand it, but I figure their loss is my gain!

You will love having a rescue. There is something very special about them, a humility and devotion (maybe gratitude?) because of the rough road that brought them to your home. I haven't had a puppy or kitten in 25 years and probably never will again.

I can't wait to hear more about her!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts