Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marina and I just got home from Vallejo (4 hour drive) and whoa, I'm tired, LOL! 4 days of showing is a lot! And Marina and I are packing up and leaving again on Wednesday for another 4 day show in Gridley :w00t:

Had a great time at this show. The theme was sixties and they had a costume contest on saturday, hilarious seeing the big handlers out there dressed like hippies! Maggie and her mom and grandmother came on saturday and it was sooo great seeing them again! Unfortunately, it was also HOT that day so they only stayed to watch Marina in juniors and then had to leave before maltese showed.

Marina needs one more first place win to qualify for Westminster in Junior Showmanship and we were hoping she would get it this weekend, but she came in second each day (out of 4 and 5 kids) which was a little disappointing but she's not complaining about second!

Now for the obscene amount of pics!

Here are Marina and Lucy in juniors on thursday

(like the tie-dye armbands?)

Marina and Lucy again

In the breed ring, Marina showed her puppy Emma (Bellarata's Glee by Design) and picked up two more points, so definitely not too bad! Esp since she is showing her from the 6-9 mos puppy class (Emma turns 9 mos tomorrow) She now has 5 points with one major win and Marina has put all those points on her.

Winners bitch on Thursday for a point

And today

Another point. She was the only girl that showed but she got the male crossover point and got Best of breed, so that made Marina very happy!

And here are some pics of Emma ringside. She's soooo calm

She has her parents awesome coat, I'm very lucky!!!

Just hanging out being a good girl :)

This is Emma this morning as we were packing up to leave the hotel, before she got her topknots in, LOL. She was helping me by sitting on my suitcase. She has the BEST temperament, just a sweet and silly girl. :wub: I am loving her head more and more also. it's a moderate muzzle and is a very balanced face.

Here is a picture from last month when Marina got the major on Emma (finally got it back!) The scanner messed the coloring up so it looks a bit overexposed

I took a few little videos when Marina was showing her puppy today

Ok, I think that is it, LOL! For the newer members, Marina is my 11 year old daughter who has become very competitive in junior showmanship and this puppy she is showing is 'hers'. She will be showing and finishing her in the Bred By Exhibitor class.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It was nice to see you guys! Hopefully we will be able to make another show this summer! One that isn't soo hot and outside. Although it was even hotter inside! I was glad we got to see Marina show. I love Lucy and Emma! I haven't stopped talking about them since we got back. Luckily mom is going with it and isn't tired of my endless chatting yet. We are both excited for a maltese to come join our family :) Hoping it is soon!

I'm really disappointed about being out of town for the 4th of July show in Ferndale...it is right next to me and I think there will be maltese this year! I went last year but there weren't any!!

Good luck to you and Marina in Gridley. I'll be hoping for that juniors win!! Yay Westminster :)

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Your daughter, Marina is doing an amazing job! I can't believe she's only 11 yrs old. She's a pro, you must be very proud. Lucy and Emma are gorgeous! Thanks for posting the pics and sharing the show with us.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Emma is gorgeous! I love her big eyes and pretty coat. :)

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
Great pictures and videos! Congratulations to your daughter and you and the beautiful Maltese! Your daughter does so well--I agree, it's hard to believe she is just 11! I do hope she makes it to Westminster! :biggrin:

Too bad it got so hot so fast around here! I had a hard time with it and thought it best to stay put. I still hope to see some shows in the future--in the meantime, your pictures and videos help me live vicariously. :biggrin:

Good luck in Gridley! :)

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Wow Congrats Stacy and Marina! Malayah and I will sit down and watch those videos (study study!) lol

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Stacy - Wow - Marina is just amazing. She's on a roll.:chili::chili: Love her showing Emma -- they both look like perfection to me. :good post - perfect I would just love to see you both at Westminster next year.:thumbsup: Sounds like it was really hot but also a lot of fun with the 60's theme. Liked the peace sign headband:rockon: Tell Marina congratulations and to keep up the good work.:happy:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Marina, Lucy and Emma are just AMAZING!!!!! Congrats on all points and wins:aktion033:. You must be so proud of them all :chili:.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow- great photos!! Emma truly looks like a gorgeous show dog. Her coat looks ah-may-zing!! Thanks for sharing those.
Thank you so much!! :) Emma is getting prettier by the day (if I do say so myself, LOL) She is soooo easy to deal with at shows, I love that!! Marina will be thrilled to have finished her all by herself. Lois didn't even get a point until she was over a year old so Emma is already way ahead of her with 5 by age 8 mos!

It was nice to see you guys! Hopefully we will be able to make another show this summer! One that isn't soo hot and outside. Although it was even hotter inside! I was glad we got to see Marina show. I love Lucy and Emma! I haven't stopped talking about them since we got back. Luckily mom is going with it and isn't tired of my endless chatting yet. We are both excited for a maltese to come join our family :) Hoping it is soon!

I'm really disappointed about being out of town for the 4th of July show in Ferndale...it is right next to me and I think there will be maltese this year! I went last year but there weren't any!!

Good luck to you and Marina in Gridley. I'll be hoping for that juniors win!! Yay Westminster :)
Oh that's too bad about Ferndale! There will be maltese there - I was thinking about going but the 8 hr drive scared me away, LOL. Marina is only good for about... 5 hours max then it gets painful. So good to see you guys again!

Your daughter, Marina is doing an amazing job! I can't believe she's only 11 yrs old. She's a pro, you must be very proud. Lucy and Emma are gorgeous! Thanks for posting the pics and sharing the show with us.
Marina has improved sooo much, I am really proud of her. And she loves it too, she has so many dog show friends! She can spend hours at dog shows without an 'I'm bored' comment. That's a rare thing these days!

Emma is gorgeous! I love her big eyes and pretty coat. :)
Thank you! I just love this pup :) She is sooo dang sweet too!

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
:chili: WONDERFUL... Congratulations to you and Marina. What a wonderful hobby to be doing with your daughter. I love the video.. It looks like she has learned well how to pick up and present Emma on the table..

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Congratulations to Marina!!! Way to go (loved the tie die armband lol)! :aktion033::aktion033:

I loved the shot of helping mommy pack the suitcase by sitting on it LOL :HistericalSmiley:

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures...now rest up! :)

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great pictures and videos! Congratulations to your daughter and you and the beautiful Maltese! Your daughter does so well--I agree, it's hard to believe she is just 11! I do hope she makes it to Westminster! :biggrin:

Too bad it got so hot so fast around here! I had a hard time with it and thought it best to stay put. I still hope to see some shows in the future--in the meantime, your pictures and videos help me live vicariously. :biggrin:

Good luck in Gridley! :)
Oh i was sad to miss meeting you this weekend! Hopefully soon we can meet up :)

Wow Congrats Stacy and Marina! Malayah and I will sit down and watch those videos (study study!) lol
Oh thank you :) Are you showing this weekend? Make sure to take lots of pics!

those r great ! both emma n marina look terrific
Thank you so much :D

Well done. Emma is gorgeous and your Marina really looks so mature and experienced showing her.
Marina is doing really well with her. Has her nicely lead trained and gets her under control when Emma starts acting like a puppy, LOL

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
What can I say. Marina is amazing and Emma is quite a stunner. How great to have the looks and sweetness of Emma all rolled into one.

I loved the videos and the picture of your little helper on the suitcase.

Please give Marina a :grouphug:from me, Chloe, Katie, and Chachi.

Congratulations on all the wins:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Wow. Emma looks so happy. What a great job Marina is doing. I'm sorry I missed it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts