Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Texas it was a very wet and cold Easter morning.... lots to do and the phone ringing all the time. I was making those necessary family calls and of course Tiki had to scratch at the door every time I got on the phone. I will usually go out with him and as soon as he goes he gets a treat and in the house we go. Well.... I am on the phone, making deviled eggs and sure enough he starts scratching at the door. He doesn't mind the rain, he rather likes it :D . So for the first time EVER I let him out back (we have a fenced in yard) by himself. I watched him for a few minutes and he was enjoying himself sniffing around and chasing rain drops. I walked away to continue dinner preparations (all while talking on the phone) and sure enough about 15 minutes later I hear a bark in the back yard.... OMG I forgot Tiki was back there.

I look out and all I see is a small four legged creature, black, grassy and wet from the neck down, with only the top of his head and a stripe down his back still white. He is looking up at the door with is little tail waging, covered in mud and worms, all excited about the fun he has had. I open the door and he darts in the house, motoring around like a crazy little beast. I finally caught him..... covered with those stinky smooshed worms and snails.

Now 15 minutes before we are supposed to leave he needs a bath very badly. He had worms and snails all over himself. I think he just rolled in them the whole time he was back there. It took about 20 minutes to get all the gook off of him and then he had to be dried and brushed and given a treat.

I have to say though it was one of the highlights of the day..... He had a blast!

Hope you all have had a cheerful Easter also!

Judi

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Judy,

We are in Texas as well. Sydney does NOT like the cold rain at all we today we have to make her go outside to do her business. But when it is nice outside she wants to go out in the backyard and dig in the flowerbeds and roll around in the grass - this is her favorite thing to do. Then she to comes in the house all dirty....and I'm trying to keep her baths to once a week as I've heard others are doing...so I try to spot wash her when I can.

Happy Easter to you as well!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I would have thought to take a picture of Tiki before I gave him his bath. There was no spot cleaning this mess!

When I chose a malt I thought I was getting a "prissy" dog, Tiki is in no way prissy
, he would be in those worms all day if I would let him.

You better keep an eye on that Sydney, sounds like she is a "tom-boy" at heart

Judi

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I wish you had taken a picture of the Wormy Maltese! We all would love to have seen that.......

Pico doesn't seem to notice the rain either unless it is beating down really hard. But he never rolls in the grass or dirt, just sniffs his way around the yard.

I'm grateful he doesn't because we sure had a ton of rain here in San Antonio lately.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
parker is a very prissy boy...hates to get wet and if there is grass in his hair he pulls it out! its amazing how they are all so different! :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts