Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i'm sorry....but if that was happening to any of my dogs....i would take them straight to the emergency room. i'm also a paranoid, overprotective mom---but i wouldnt want to take any chances.
i hope nothing wrong is boom boom though.
good luck and tell us what the vet says.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
he will be fine until the morning...you caught it early and that is a good thing. keep us posted!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Sounds like it could be a urinary tract infection. I know how you feel... I worry about everything, too. You'll feel better after the vet has seen him......

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Can't imagine a baby having to go through UTI. Poor baby. I'm sure he'll get over it quick! Keep us posted. A gachillion XOXO's for lil BoomBoom from Cloud and Noriko.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Do take him to the vet today. I'm sure it's just a simple urinary tract infection, but frequent urination can be a sign of diabetes like my Lady has. It's really important to rule that out as in cases where a dog does test postive for glucose in the urine, it's important to start treatment asap.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Keep us posted on Boom's condition. Threads like this really help us new Momma's out, we know what to look for!! Love and hugs to Boom Boom....

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well we're back..

they did a pee dip on him and they didnt find any blood or white blood cells in his pee. Funny story about the pee collection.. we took Boom out to pee and she had a plate she was gonna try to catch it in. Well he started to pee she got her plate there an got like a plate full.... Then he stepped in it!

Anyway, she said it could be a mild UTI, but her bet is that he's trying to reassert his dominance. Or that something yesterday while my hubby and I were out freaked him out. -_- Anyway, they gave me 10 days of anitbiotics and told me to keep an eye on him, but he'd be fine.

I'm so glad you guys were so supportive, I really thought I was going to go nuts...

Thanks guys!

Love from the Boom!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Soooooo glad to hear there is nothing seriously amiss with Mr. Boom!! Come on Momma, show him who's the Alpha in the family!! Seriously, I am happy to hear all is well.....

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Just a thought....

If it doesn't clear up and doesn't seem to be behaviorial, you might want to have your vet take xrays to make sure Boom doesn't have bladder stones.

So gald it's not diabetes! I always worry when someone reports that their dog suddenly has to pee all the time!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts