Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

301 - 318 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Well, just saw Cuddles today and not a lot has changed. She has had some throw up but not as much as before. I was very tempted to just bring her home today and see how she does. Her doc thinks she needs an extra day. After much debate, we decided to let them watch her another day. They told me it was up to me, but they were weary of letting her go home when she is still struggling with vomiting. They fear she will not absorb any of the meds if she is still throwing up. Tomorrow will be day 7 and I think we will bring her home reguardless. I am sure the doc will ok it as I dont think anyone wants to see her spend another lonely weekend there.

I have tons of questions for him and will start making my list tonight, like will she have further health issues after having parvo, can she get it again, on and on.

I will start a new thread when she gets home with pictures of the girly. Thank you all so much for continuing to think of our sweetie. We cant wait to see her and she cant wait to thank you all:)
Kristi

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
QUOTE (krisT @ Jan 15 2009, 06:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=706813
Well, just saw Cuddles today and not a lot has changed. She has had some throw up but not as much as before. I was very tempted to just bring her home today and see how she does. Her doc thinks she needs an extra day. After much debate, we decided to let them watch her another day. They told me it was up to me, but they were weary of letting her go home when she is still struggling with vomiting. They fear she will not absorb any of the meds if she is still throwing up. Tomorrow will be day 7 and I think we will bring her home reguardless. I am sure the doc will ok it as I dont think anyone wants to see her spend another lonely weekend there.

I have tons of questions for him and will start making my list tonight, like will she have further health issues after having parvo, can she get it again, on and on.

I will start a new thread when she gets home with pictures of the girly. Thank you all so much for continuing to think of our sweetie. We cant wait to see her and she cant wait to thank you all:)
Kristi[/B]

Awww Kristi, you did really good leaving Cuddles there for tonight. She really can be watched around the clock.

So many hugs and prayers coming your way. :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
I know how tempting it must be to just grab her and bring her home with you. I know you are missing her and worried about the expenses too. Please listen to your vet. The hospital is a very controled enviropnment. At home, there are stresses from excitment etc, that she is not facing right now. Let her have 24hrs of no vomiting, then bring her home. You don't want to rush it at this point (with all this time and care invested) and then have a set back, and end up back at the vets anyway. Be patient! Your girl is getting better and better every day!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Oh I know how dissapointed you are. I think we all are a little..... We all want her home as much as you do.

I know it's hard and I'm sorry. I hope she does wonderful tonight and tomorrow and you can bring her home with doctors certainty.

Will be waiting for the new thread...... :grouphug: :grouphug: :prayer: :prayer:

·
Premium Member
4,856 Posts
I agree with pammy4501, Kristi. I know it's hard but you don't want Cuddles to have a set back. Listen to the vet and try to do what he says is right for sweet Cuddles. I'd have wanted to grab her and run too. You want her as strong as she can be. Imagine how much you would worry if she started to throw up at home. Patience my dear. Love and soo many hug to you and to baby Cuddles.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
I would feel the same way you do but I have heard that the dog can get parvo again if not completely treated (and even then they can still get it) so I would want to make sure the vet said it was ok to bring her home. Let's hope that between tonight and tommorrow she holds down her food :)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hoping Cuddles is all well tomorrow & you get to bring her home.

That was so sweet of your dh's uncle. Give him hugs from all of us next time you see him.

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
I'm sorry Cuddles is still having some vomiting issues & hasn't gotten to come home yet. I would be as anxious as you to bring her home too, but please do as the vet recommends.I pray she is much improved tomorrow. :grouphug:

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
As hard as it is to leave our babies at the vet and espeically after you've had to leave Cuddles for so long already, it's better that she have the extra time there where she can be closely monitored. I'm praying that she'll be home with you soon and on her way to recovery. Get well wishes for beautiful Cuddles :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I sure hope little Cuddles is much better today and the vomiting has stopped so you can bring her home :grouphug:
You did the right thing though in giving her the extra night, far better to be safe and sure than have a relapse.
I will continue to keep her in my prayers that she has a full recovery and no further problems :prayer: :prayer:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
I think today is the day! I know I have said that before though. I went to see her this morning and she was in great spirits, better than before even. They said she did have some throw up last night, but so far so good today. She turned her nose up to the food they offered so they put some baby food on it and she gobbled it up. She has had this at home before, so i know it sets well with her tummy.

They are cleaning her up as we speak and I can pick her up around 6:00 assuming all goes well for these next few hours. My daughter and I brought sweets to the sweet nurses and her doc up at the hospital. I really cant complain, they have done a great job caring for Cuddles. I honestly didnt know if I would see her alive again after bringing her last Sat.

I truly think the prayers from all over the world were answered. Holding my breath till 6:00. I will probably not get to update till the kids go to bed tonight though, but I will as soon as they do :happy dance:
Kristi

301 - 318 of 318 Posts