Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 40 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Oh, that poor baby! Cuddles looks absolutely drained in that picture.

I hope your vet is able to find out what's ailing her. And no, you're definitely not overreacting!! You're just being a good mommy. Good luck!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Update...

Its not good. I took cuddles back in this morning after she started getting worse. She started moaning non stop so I wrapped her up and rucshed her in. They took her straight back and did a parvo test. Her poo this morning turned into yellow fluid with blood. They came out and I couldnt stop the tears. My baby has parvo. She had all her shots and it doesnt seem to matter. They said she was very very sick, going straight on IV, antibiotics, heating pads. Her temp today was 91. Normal they said was atleast 100. She isnt maintaining ther temp well at all. They are keeping her for as long as it takes. The sweet nurse patted on me and listen to me cry my eyes out. She said she would be at the hospital this weekend and gave me her cell. They gave her a 50/50 chance but said there was no way of knowing how this parvo strand is.
Im devastated.
I have a 4 year old daughter who doesnt even know half of whats going on to her baby. We are also keeping my moms 11 year old yorkie and I worry about that too. Please pray for my Cuddles, I cant lose her!
If any one knows how to add update in post 24 to the topic title I would appreciate it. We need all the prayers we can get
Thank you all for being here!
Kristi

·
Premium Member
2,984 Posts
Oh, Kristi, I'm SO sorry to hear this :crying: ! I don't know how to add the update to the title, but at least I can bring it up to the top of the list and hope more people will see it. My heart goes out to you and poor little :wub: Cuddles - I can imagine what you're going through - and I hope that with good care she'll pull through and be on the right side of the 50-50! :flowers:

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Poor baby...my thoughts are with you....

how come the first test showed negative for parvo and now it was positive??

Oh...and you have to me a SMC member to update the topic titles....

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about Cuddles. I can only imagine how scary this is for you. Please keep us updated and I pray Cuddles will be ok and back home in no time.
Hugs to you both.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
QUOTE (krisT @ Jan 10 2009, 03:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=702870
Update...

Its not good. I took cuddles back in this morning after she started getting worse. She started moaning non stop so I wrapped her up and rucshed her in. They took her straight back and did a parvo test. Her poo this morning turned into yellow fluid with blood. They came out and I couldnt stop the tears. My baby has parvo. She had all her shots and it doesnt seem to matter. They said she was very very sick, going straight on IV, antibiotics, heating pads. Her temp today was 91. Normal they said was atleast 100. She isnt maintaining ther temp well at all. They are keeping her for as long as it takes. The sweet nurse patted on me and listen to me cry my eyes out. She said she would be at the hospital this weekend and gave me her cell. They gave her a 50/50 chance but said there was no way of knowing how this parvo strand is.
Im devastated.
I have a 4 year old daughter who doesnt even know half of whats going on to her baby. We are also keeping my moms 11 year old yorkie and I worry about that too. Please pray for my Cuddles, I cant lose her!
If any one knows how to add update in post 24 to the topic title I would appreciate it. We need all the prayers we can get
Thank you all for being here!
Kristi[/B]
OHHHHH, I am so very sorry to hear about Cuddles. This is just breaking my heart. :crying 2: I sure do hope that she will be OK. :grouphug:

I updated the title for you.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
OMG. :smcry: I will keep Cuddles in my prayers.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
I am so heartsick for you...oh sweetheart you have all our prayers.

:grouphug:

I am so sorry. :smcry: :smcry: :smcry:

You are not alone...we all are here.

Sending all my love and prayers,

Christine

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I am so, so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and you are all in my prayers.

Miss Cuddles, you just have to get better. You family loves you and needs you. Get well soon!

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
I am so so sorry to read the update on Cuddles. Try to keep confidence in the power of prayer as we have seen it's fruits many times here! I will be saying prayers for your Cuddles and they will continue until we get that good report that she'll be ok!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
:grouphug: ((((Kristi)))) :grouphug:

It is SO hard when they are sick. Sending healing thoughts to your Cuddles. I am so sorry to hear this...Now she is at the vets getting the meds and care she needs. Please keep us updated.

21 - 40 of 318 Posts