Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

41 - 60 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
I'm so sorry about Cuddles. I will keep you both in my thoughts. In the mean time, you shouldn't bring any other puppies in to the house or other dogs for awhile. I've read parvo can live for up to a year or so on anything you've come in contact with. You may want to ask your vet about how to disinfect. I think you may need to use bleach. Do you have any idea where you picked this up? I am sorry. I really hope she pulls through this :grouphug: :grouphug:

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I am so, so sorry Cuddles has parvo. We had another little Morkie here a few years ago who got parvo after he had all his shots. Poor Tucker got infected from loose dogs using his backyard for their bathroom. :angry:

Tucker had a rough fight, but he survived with the help of all his SM family's prayers. I pray your Cuddles with survive, too.

·
Premium Member
16,776 Posts
Prayers for Cuddles. Please keep a positive attitude. :grouphug: :grouphug:

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
QUOTE (LadysMom @ Jan 10 2009, 07:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=703008
I am so, so sorry Cuddles has parvo. We had another little Morkie here a few years ago who got parvo after he had all his shots. Poor Tucker got infected from loose dogs using his backyard for their bathroom. :angry:

Tucker had a rough fight, but he survived with the help of all his SM family's prayers. I pray your Cuddles with survive, too.[/B]
:smpullhair: What!! I have loose dogs in my yard using it for their bathroom all the time! :angry: Ok...I'm showing my ignorance here, but how can they get Parvo if they've been vaccinated? Is it like Lepto where they only have a vaccine for so many strains?

I'm so sorry about Cuddles. I can't even imagine the emotions you're dealing with now. Please know you have many of us here praying for you and for Cuddles. Please keep us posted. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

·
Registered
9,789 Posts
Please know that prayers are being said with all our hearts. I am so very sorry that your baby is ill and certainly do pray she can and will recover fully.

I feel so awful for you all! God bless.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
I hope cuddles pulls through :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: You are both in my prayers and I am thinking of you!

Parvo is a horrible nasty disease - I lost my first puppy Belle to it at 8 weeks - hopefully Cuddles will pull through since she is older (has more reserves) and has you behind her!

:prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

·
Registered
880 Posts
:eusa_hand: :eusa_hand: Prayers for little miss Cuddles and for you Kristi that all will be well for her :eusa_hand: :eusa_hand:

Diane

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Cuddles is in my thoughts and prayers. :prayer:
When parvo first came out the dogs needed two shots. My dad forgot and George our half lab and shepherd caught it. They had no one to stay at the vets over night so George came home with IV'S in his paw area. My parents also had a miniature poodle and she never became sick.
I am only saying this because if a dog could be cured in the 70's then Cuddles has a good chance. There has been a lot improvements in the animal medicine since then.

My very best wishes,
Deborah

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about Cuddles.

I had a lab puppy go through Parvo, but he pulled through! You caught it quickly and Cuddles is being treated.

I'll keep you both in my thoughts. :grouphug: :grouphug:

41 - 60 of 318 Posts