Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow." (Melodie Beattie-expert in codependency) :aktion033::aktion033:

Giving thanks must have a personal object---you must thank someone! So today I give thanks firstly to God for all things good! I also give thanks to you on SM whom I have come to love---and from whom I learn. Thank you for sharing your knowledge w/us as a community & your joys and pains w/us in your happiness and grief. It is my pleasure to know you!:wub:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sandy, well said and I am thankful to know you and Kitzel. You always say nice things.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Thankful for every new day

Friends of ours just lost their second grandchild in two years. She was 29 years old,two years ago they lost her brother,just 25 years old. Both comitted suicide. So young and so much to live for.Both left children behind.
So very sad.

We hear so much bad news on the TV,news papers,radio,it can be so depressing. People are loosing their jobs and loosing hope.

I don't know what makes me get up in the morning sometimes,maybe it's because I've been without,been cold,hungry and poor,it can be overcome.

I tell myself,everyday is a new chance to change your life...

Knowing that,believing that, makes it worthwhile for me to get up every morning w/ a smile.

It's been tough for a long time...but I can look in any direction and see so many that are worse off than I am. I have a roof over my head,food(more than I need) on the table.I wake up to my best friend/hubby and five fluffy faces every day.:wub:

I turn on my computer and in seconds,I'm w/ friends..

What makes you get up in the morning...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
That was truly a beautiful beautiful sentiment you quoted, Sandi!!!

I tell myself,everyday is a new chance to change your life.. yes, Michelle - true too! I like to see each day as a gift I have been given that is not guaranteed...when I remember to think of it that way instead of dwelling on the things that bring me down. Helps to remind ourselves of these things, for sure. ((((((I am so sorry for your devastating loss - unfathomable to have 2 young suicides in the same family - just tragic. My thoughts are with their parents too)))))

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I heard,today is a gift,that's why they call it a present?

Kinda cliche maybe but it's so true. Everyday we close our eyes,we never know if it will be our last...

Even with the rain and dreary weather today, I went outside and the smell of clean air and much needed rain was what I saw...that and thankful it wasn't snow or freezing rain.
Happily it held off until Al was done grilling.

·
Premium Member
17,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Friends of ours just lost their second grandchild in two years. She was 29 years old,two years ago they lost her brother,just 25 years old. Both comitted suicide. So young and so much to live for.Both left children behind.
So very sad.

We hear so much bad news on the TV,news papers,radio,it can be so depressing. People are loosing their jobs and loosing hope.

I don't know what makes me get up in the morning sometimes,maybe it's because I've been without,been cold,hungry and poor,it can be overcome.

I tell myself,everyday is a new chance to change your life...

Knowing that,believing that, makes it worthwhile for me to get up every morning w/ a smile.

It's been tough for a long time...but I can look in any direction and see so many that are worse off than I am. I have a roof over my head,food(more than I need) on the table.I wake up to my best friend/hubby and five fluffy faces every day.:wub:

I turn on my computer and in seconds,I'm w/ friends..

What makes you get up in the morning...
:goodpost:
So sad for your friends' loss---believe me I understand personal tragedy---will pray for this family. Thanks Michelle for giving us an opportunity to stay positive! :wub:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
What beautiful sentiment, Sandi. I'm so greatful that you are part of my life. You are so very special and caring.:hugging:

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Thanks for the true and nice said words, Sandi!

I'm so glad and happy to met and know you and sweet Kitzel! You're a very special and kind person!

It's wonderful to be here on SM and share life moments with great people!

Alexandra :wub:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts