Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
No matter how they perfect it, when you look in their eyes they're not there. I'd rather have pictures.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I saw this on a TV news show about a year ago. I wouldn't personally choose to do this with my pets, but I don't find it creepy really. I definitely did at first, but after looking at the sleeping posed dogs, I can understand how someone may find comfort in honoring their pet in this way. It is not healthy if the owner is only doing it because they cannot physically part with their pet.

Not that Marj would necessarily do this, but I could see Lady being honored in this way. On the other hand, is it more kind to cremate or bury a beloved companion? There is no right or wrong answer.

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
This reminds me of the mummy .. history about ancient Egypt and what they used to do after their kitties passed. Personally, it scares me to have my pet staring at me after it passes! I will know that my pet is no longer there, and I want to remember my furry baby with all the nice memories. Having its body, eyes..ect look at me will freak me out. I don't like this idea - that is just me of course - others might have a different thought.

Kat

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
The pictures did look so peaceful,but I would have a hard time doing that to my fluffs.Cremation is hard enough to do. I wonder what will happen to them after the owner passes...do they end up in a landfil or a goodwill somewhere...who knows?
Our cremated ones will be buried w/us,it's in our wills.
I think if I would do thispreservation to them,then I feel like I've trapped their souls from going to the bridge. Part of letting them take that journey is to let go of their physical body,to release them from that prison so their soul or spirit can go free.
I wouldn't want to trap them in my grief.
We cremate ours so they won't be buried and possibly have their final resting place disturbed when we move. The ones we buried, before we found out about cremation have lilac bushes planted in a circle all around them,so hopefully no one will clear them out since it's next to a field of waste ground.
They leave us so we have room to love another,if we preserved them,how can we love the ones that remain or ones to come next? I think fluffs come into our lives for a short time so they can enrich us,then their job is done and the next one benefits. we never forget the ones before,but we have to celebrate their life and bring that to the next one.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
A little creepy...hubby thinks the cremains are already too much
There's an episode of the Marriage Ref that has a stuffed dog as the problem...it was pretty funny.
Are they fighting to see who gets custody of the stuffed dog or is the stuffed dog the need for the Marriage Ref?

If hubby and I split,we'd fight over custody of the dogs over the house...we love the dogs that much.:wub: good thing we're soul mates and would think of divorce...:innocent:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
They leave us so we have room to love another,if we preserved them,how can we love the ones that remain or ones to come next? I think fluffs come into our lives for a short time so they can enrich us,then their job is done and the next one benefits. we never forget the ones before,but we have to celebrate their life and bring that to the next one.
What a beautiful way of thinking of a passing loved one. I've never thought of passings this way, but I will from now on. Beautiful..

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I think if I would do thispreservation to them,then I feel like I've trapped their souls from going to the bridge. Part of letting them take that journey is to let go of their physical body,to release them from that prison so their soul or spirit can go free.
that is my take too. If you love them, you have to let go.

·
Registered
165 Posts
oh, i've seen this. i agree with others.... it's pretty creepy.

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
I prefer cremation. I like the thought of having happy memories and photos to remember our little fluffs and the great times we shared.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Personally I would not do it, but I don't think it's creepy. I think it may make some people feel at peace and feel like they are close to their loved pet. It may be a part of a grieving process for some, who knows.
To each his own :)

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
What a beautiful way of thinking of a passing loved one. I've never thought of passings this way, but I will from now on. Beautiful..
It's the only way to make peace with them passing. There are so many fluffs to love and so few people to love them so I guess that's why we have them such a short time,so we can love as many as we can.

I do miss all my little loves that have passed and it does bring a tear to my eye sometimes. But I think they want us to move on to love and be happy again,knowing our tribute to them is to remember them healthy and waiting for us to be together again....
They know we were happiest when we had fluffs to love so I don't think they'd want us to get myered down in loving a shell that doesn't house their soul anymore. I don't want to see my loved ones trapped in grief,I don't think our fluffs would want that either.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts