Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to drive to CA. today, so far but the weather seems kinda of crappy (winter storm-rain & wind)... Especially in San Bernardino where it says that the high winds in the higher elevations could have blowing and drifting snow and make it up to 0 visability or create dense patchy fog in areas sheltered from the winds. All this is elevations 6500 ft. and up along the crests(?). Would anyone know the elevation of the I-15 through San Bernardino off hand? I just want to make sure before I drive so if it is, then not to go... Even though go figure, i was going to visit a breeder today!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
since the weather is this bad...i dont think you'd want to drive into california. people are sooo stupid when it rains.

and why is elevation important? lol. i dont know this stuff. lol. when we would drive to san francisco...we would always rent a car, and you know how they have those steep roads where they say "turn off your air conditioner"? we never did---you're renting..you can do whatever you want to the car.

i hope someone knows the answer!!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
oooooooooh Mee...I'll take that thunder! I love storms! I'll take that over the 2 feet of snow we have here any day!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the info!! I made it half way but the weather was bad. I'll just wait until next year to start looking for a puppy..., I was thinking today during my drive that timing just isn't quite right in my life yet.
So I hope that since I don't have a malt yet, its okay for me to hang out here on the forums... anyway, I have more to learn yet too!!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
OF COURSE YOU CAN STILL TALK ON HERE!!!
that sucks that the weather was soo bad. this was the closest breeder?

you will get your baby soon!!!
and when you do---POST PICS!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
You are more than welcome to still post. It is great that you are getting all of your info before you get the puppy. Good luck finding a breeder.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Too bad this one didn't pan out, but you'll get one eventually!! And don't stop posting, when you do get your puppy you'll be the best and most informed mommy!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
this is a forum for malt lovers not owners! keep posting we love u here!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, I live in Sunny San Diego
just off the I 15 corridor and about 80 miles South of San Bernadino county. The elevation on the 15 is is in a safe zone. You have to go up to the high mountain ranges to be affected by snow and high winds. We had winds yesterday, but today is beautiful in San Diego. However they are predicting more rain tonight and tomorrow. It is an "El Nino" year which provides more rain than normal..We do need the rain, but it creates havoc on the freeways as people do not adjust to conditions.
So...come on out to California
and enjoy
Len

1 - 13 of 13 Posts