Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering a second male instead of girl for now?!
Eventually I can have THREE...right? Down the road sometime?!

But check out these faces!!!!

Right now they are about 8 weeks...
I think I may have lost my mind.

I haven't completely decided yet...and discussions with hubby MUST occur.

More details maybe later...but tell me they aren't cute!?

Attachments

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
OMG they are darling!!! ... I can sure see the temptation..
hey, besides, didn't you ever hear the expression 'Two can't go without three".. so if you did get one of these little guys.. then you'd be "obligated" to get the third ... to set things right.

Terry Angel Missy and Naddie

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Traci, just don't make a rash decision as even though the puppy is adorable, you have been wanting a girl for so long. Just be sure that you would really be OK with a boy.... For me it wouldn't matter because I don't dress either K or C (not sure why I don't!!) but I know you wanted to dress up a girl, etc.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well...I am rationalizing some....

With our schedule...I don't know that I would truly dress one (a girl) up as much as I think I would want to. I would want to keep a girl in longer hair and top knots...and a puppy cut is SO easy....and these little guys need homes.

I can always get more down the road. I am not so old...and some day my skin kids will grow up and move out. I will need two more to take their place!

It is not so much that I am giving up on a girl...

This was just kinda spur of the moment and my heart is speaking to me.

Anyway...I hear ya'll...but I am going to pray/sleep/think on it.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Traci, those puppies are so adorable. And I certainly understand how you feel -- I go through periods of absolutely wanting another puppy. But then I realize that all puppies are cute and they grow into adult dogs and I realize that the vet bills and grooming bills of 2 would just be too much. Even from a great breeder, health problems can happen (and DO happen). Plus maybe you really want a girl????

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by IamMomtoMissy@Nov 5 2005, 07:19 PM
OMG they are darling!!! ... I can sure see the temptation..
hey, besides, didn't you ever hear the expression 'Two can't go without three".. so if you did get one of these little guys.. then you'd be "obligated" to get the third ... to set things right. 

Terry Angel Missy and Naddie
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=117065
[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking!
Who said two was my limit?!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I am the queen of saying .. oh .. just one more but I am really trying to put my foot down. They are so cute and so hard to resist.

I find if you wanted a girl .. you should really want for your girl. At the end of the day, both sexes aren't so different but I know that we need what we want to be completly satisfied. Does this even make sense?

Ignore me if I don't.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Trying to convince hubby...I think I am winning though...

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Just my 2 cents worth...

You can just as easily dress up a boy as you can a girl. No one knows and frankly, the dog doesn't care what sex they are. So in my opinion, I would look for a dog that doesn't mind wearing clothes and put gender aside.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Nicole is absolutely right. I have the opposite problem - I wish I had a little boy to dress up! I think the clothes and bows on a boy look adorable.

I get green with envy every time I see Toby all dressed up! He puts most of the girls to shame!

The nice thing about getting a male is that they are less expensive so is money is an issue (and when isn't it? :D ), you can get a better bred male puppy for whatever amount you can spend. And better bred generally means healthier which is the most important thing, at least in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Nov 7 2005, 08:09 AM
I get green with envy every time I see Toby all dressed up! He puts most of the girls to shame!

The nice thing about getting a male is that they are less expensive so is money is an issue (and when isn't it?  :D ), you can get a better bred male puppy for whatever amount you can spend. And better bred generally means healthier which is the most important thing, at least in my opinion.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=117452
[/QUOTE]
Awww...thanks Ladys Mom!

That is also a great point about males being less expensive.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Nichole+Nov 7 2005, 12:31 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadysMom
@Nov 7 2005, 08:09 AM

The nice thing about getting a male is that they are less expensive so is money is an issue (and when isn't it?  :D ), you can get a better bred male puppy for whatever amount you can spend. And better bred generally means healthier which is the most important thing, at least in my opinion.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=117452
Awww...thanks Ladys Mom!

That is also a great point about males being less expensive.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=117588
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, and part of my argument with hubby is that the initial cost will be nothing like it was for Brinkley. I really can't think of anything except a harness/leash that I will need right off. Puppy food...but other than that...I think we have it under control with Brink's stuff. Wish I hadn't sold those clothesthat Brink had outgrown to Scott now !

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
And neutering is cheaper than spaying.....!

I am dying of curiousity! Are they Charlotte's (Teaco) boys? They sure are cute!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.